• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

OSW Direct Drive: Is it supported?

Discussion in 'Forza Motorsport 7' started by James Robertson, Sep 29, 2017.

1. James Robertson

James Robertson
    Premium

Ratings:
    +75
    Was just wondering if direct drive wheels are supported.

Only had 5 minutes this morning to have a quick try, steering worked but there was no FFB.

2. Zero7159

Zero7159

Ratings:
    +17
    No, you need to download GIMX and hook up the GIMX adapter. That is how I use my Accuforce in the game with full FFB support.

3. James Robertson

James Robertson
    Premium

Ratings:
    +75
    I'm on PC not Xbox. Forgot to say.

4. Zero7159

Zero7159

Ratings:
    +17
    Yep, you need GIMX in order to run Forza 7 using your OSW.

The first step is to buy this adapter. It is created by the developer of GIMX and will work perfectly with it.

https://blog.gimx.fr/shop/

Both ends of the adapter needs to be plugged into USB ports on your PC. Install the latest version of GIMX, which you can get here:

https://forum.gimx.fr/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2209

Once you install the GIMX software, you load up the GIMX launcher and you need to update the firmware to the G27/PC, which essentially causes the game to think you are using a G27, which is fully supported by Forza 7. The name of the firmware is EMUG27PC. Follow the instructions to update the firmware.

Once you have the correct firmware, go into GIMX Config, pick G27 profile and configure the wheel, pedals, shifters, etc. You can even use your keyboard for some of in game commands.

Let me know if you have any questions. I am helping test new versions of GIMX and so I have had a lot of practice doing everything.

5. James Robertson

James Robertson
    Premium

Ratings:
    +75
    Thanks for this

6. James Robertson

James Robertson
    Premium

Ratings:
    +75
    For some reason it will not detect the adaptor when I do the firmware upgrade.

Which version of the software do I download.

Gimx-6.9-i386 or gimx-6.9-x86_64

Keeps blue screening my pc upon first launch for some reason.

P.s how do I uninstall it, just delete the folders?

Thanks

7. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT

Ratings:
    +28
    Full FFB support is coming, most likely with Win10 Creator Oct update, you wouldn't need any adapters.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  8. Zero7159

Zero7159

Ratings:
    +17
    Use the x86_64 if you have 64 bit Windows 7 or 10.

To uninstall GIMX, I personally use ccleaner. Otherwise, you can use the uninstall program function built into Windows.

9. Zero7159

Zero7159

Ratings:
    +17
    I had an issue just yesterday where GIMX would not detect one of my adapters that I am using for PS4 wheel emulation. I ended up flashing the firmware, shutting down and restarting the computer and then reconnecting everything. The software can be a bit tempermental, just hand in there and it will work.

10. Zero7159

Zero7159

Ratings:
    +17
    Source? Do you have a link?

11. James Robertson

James Robertson
    Premium

Ratings:
    +75
    Just installed all the updates, still no FFB