Osella @ Zandvoort - Wednesday November 2nd 2011

30tta1y.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM (click to connect, requires jump2nkp)
Class: Osella PA-21s
Track: Zandvoort Full GP (Download
Weather: Dry
Osella skin pack: Download (extract to your nkpro folder)

19:30 GMT: Practice
20:10 GMT: Qualification
20:30 GMT: Sprint (8 laps) + Feature race (16 laps)

Server and teamspeak password: click here
We encourage all our drivers to use Teamspeak 3 (download). Talking directly to your fellow drivers increases the fun and the ability to share information in an easy way. It will improve your driving skills dramatically. Click the banner below to log in to TS3.

Entrylist:
To sign-up for this event simply leave a post in the thread below.
  1. Senad Subasic
  2. Rupe Wilson
  3. Samuel Fuller
  4. Zdenek Cagas
  5. Martin Kapal
  6. Tibor Rózsahegyi
  7. Angus Leggate
  8. Lars Wylensek
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver

Results here

I had good fun again this week. From the first few laps I put in I enjoyed the combo.

In qualifying I felt like there was something wrong but I'm not exactly sure what. It seemed like on a few laps my experience told me I should be gaining time I was actually losing half a second or so.

Anyway, into race 1 and I managed to sneak into the lead on lap 1 because Cagas was having some framerate problems. After that I put my head down and tried my hardest to build a gap but I just couldn't do it. No matter what I did it felt like he was breathing down my neck the whole race. On the last lap I was a bit slow through the first sector then I had a massive front lockup going into the first of the switchback hairpins in the middle of the lap. Exiting that hairpin I knew I had to cover so I stayed defensive on the left side of the track for the run into the next left-hand hairpin. Then, going into the last chicane, I made another mistake, locking both front tyres for what felt like an age. Somehow I scrambled through and kept Cagas behind then sprinted to the line for win with a very small margin. Cagas pushed me hard all way, but without his framerate problems I'm pretty sure he would have taken race 1.

I was worried about race 2 because of the 16 laps duration. I hadn't done more than 8 laps together in practice and I didn't know how the tyres would hold up. So, starting from pole I kept the lead through the first few corners then saw that some of the drivers behind had an accident on the opening lap. That left me with a few seconds gap which basically allowed me to count off the laps throughout the race. I noticed Cagas was again closing the gap but I had enough gap because of the accident earlier.

So, although the results say 2 wins I know I was lucky to get both of them. Looking forward to next week's combo! :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 356 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%