Osella -Mugello... Tires overheating... massively

Can't get my rear tire temp under 95, usually about the 100 degree mark or higher..
I have tried various settings.. This tracks melts tires..
help

And as I understand tire temp should be apr 80-85 max.

Hi anolog, mate best way in my opinion is to check out some setup guides, there's a good one for nKP here just follow the link, its a very good guide IMO and the fact its for netKarPro is even better, otherwise Google race car chassis tuning guide or something similar and you should get plenty of hits :)

I would start with spring rates then tyre pressure, if no joy there look at dampers or downforce, sometimes its a little of each thats why I suggested the setup guide, everyone's driving style is different and so are car setups.

Ive downloaded setups that are really quick, but they don't suit my driving style so I'm actually slower with them than my own, it only really suits the guy that made it or guys with similar styles.
I think car setups are kinda unique to the driver, an extension of the driver you might say, and a good setup can bring car and driver together as one, making for smoother driving and faster lap times, but its rare that "one drivers setup is another drivers lap record".

You right about tire temps too 80 is optimum for nKP.

Hope the guide helps, let us know how you get on mate :)

Cheers

Osella -Mugello... Tires overheating

Question is ... is any one able to keep tire temps down on this track???????
and how...

the guide is quite good... pg 8-9 where he talks about cancelling spring oscelation with the dampers is a bit vague but .. but you can get the idea of a balanced car.

I have tried tire pressure from 18-30.
rear wing from 2 to 15
springs soft and hard...
sway bars a little softer or harder..
adjusted my driving style ...
I may be driving way to hard... and this is chewing up my tires.. Have tried lighter feel, more finess trying not to stess tires mid corner. = tires 95 degrees. Have not played with the Differential... May be too much power mid corner.

This is a biker track.. high speed corners, many are off camber. Serious loading of the suspension.. This is a very technical track.. that puts the suspension and tires through hell.

I am going to try a F2000.. and see if this is vehicle related problem..

Driving the Osella on this track melts my tires.

I find my tires overheat all the time in the KS2, osella, FTarget. I'm not really sure what to do about it. Driving more gently helps a little bit but sometimes(most of the time) it's too much. Would be nice to know if the top drivers in netkar rank suffer from the same problem.

I had the same heating issues after driving the track for the 1st time the other day.

Maybe its the track settings, obviously very abrasive tarmac, is the real Mugello track renowned for eating tyres???
could just be the way the real track is, so they designed the nKP version with the same aggression to replicate that.

Just a thought.

Cheers

I am coming to the same conclusion with the abrasive track surface modeling.
Also the Asella is a super light hill climbing sprint car; not quite as nuts as the Lotus in GPL, but never the less it need to be driven with finess.
This also tests my knowledge and application of the Drivers Manual. Lots and lots of testing and trying to apply and understand mechanical theory.

also, I have "Tire noise in audio settings really high about 7-8 ... Engine sound at 4, and everything else turned off.
This is so I can hear the tires when they are on the verge of squeeling.. I figure this must be near the threshold of grip.

I also don't lock tires hardly ever... no tire smoke.. Maybe a little cabin smoke .. but no smoking tires.

It seems that everything you do relates and effects tire temp,
I am finally able to get the tire temp stable in the high 80's low 90's
More studying the manual.

Cheers.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back