Cars Osella FA30 mod for Assetto Corsa.

I liked your friend's previous projects and hope they will be updated to v10 tires some day, but I'd rather pay a euro or two for a finished mod if the general reviews say it's worth it than sponsor a mod beforehand.

Just one question... Why the hell would you need 500$ to build a mod? Last time i checked it only took a few coffees and some can Red Bulls.

Sorry, but this sound like a bit of a rip of to me..

It's good but to pay someone for a mod it must be equal or better than official content, and I don't see proof of that here (and who is this friend of yours, where is his work?)

So now some modder wants money to start to make a mod?

Donations I get and pay for finished product I get, but this smells like a scam.

is that friend @eboo ? I see pictures of the Risse Kadett and Mini on the facebook page.

he makes great mods (that I hope get a 100% finish some day with LODs and so on), but 500€ is a steep number.

He spends many days working on mods. Great If you can support his hard work. If not, no one force you. Maybe he will be able to do what he loves and to earn a living at the same time. Don't look at this wrong please.

Many people ask if I can do this car. I say yes, but build a car is a long process and i have choise: build a car for free ,for two months (all donation when i remember 10E :) ) or some 3d architecture render for money or play for fun.
If achieve the goal i build a car and relase it for all for free. If no- no car. Simple.
About all my mods, im working on fix and relase better and better. On my target: rover mini ,fix some issues. Next step is manta spec 1.0(lods,working suspension,animation) , next kadett's spec 1.0.

Many people ask if I can do this car. I say yes, but build a car is a long process and i have choise: build a car for free ,for two months (all donation when i remember 10E :) ) or some 3d architecture render for money or play for fun.
If achieve the goal i build a car and relase it for all for free. If no- no car. Simple.
About all my mods, im working on fix and relase better and better. On my target: rover mini ,fix some issues. Next step is manta spec 1.0(lods,working suspension,animation) , next kadett's spec 1.0.

and when goal is not reached al donators lose there money better turn it around first build the car then see if people will donate for the car seems a bit more fair.

and when goal is not reached al donators lose there money better turn it around first build the car then see if people will donate for the car seems a bit more fair.
faq: Fixed Funding: Keep Your Money Only if You Meet Your Goal .
Donate dont work. In the past 2 years I got 10e. 2 months of work=500e. Better rates are in China.

I see where you are coming from.. But I'm an intern, don't have any income.. literaly 0 a month and I have a loan to be able to pay for housing and all. I mod because it's my hobby, with no intention to make any money at all. Of course a donation is always appreciated, but asking for money for a mod (especially beforehand) is not something that will work.

If modding is a passion of yours, there's no need to make any money from it. Just think of it as sharing the result of your passion to the community.

Lose money? Money will return to donators.

sorry but it really sound like a greedy amount of money if a modder makes a good mod they will get the donations look at sim race studio's don't hear them complaining they make fantastic mods and get payed for maybe use the same system create ask a couple of bucks and al is good

Senseless discussion. Another person wrote or made such car. I said yes.
If achieve the goal i build a car and relase it for all for free. If no- no car. This is a voluntary discharge
Simple. If you want to do it for free,do it better. I do not offend:).

Well this is a very sensitive subject and there will always be those who support it, but most guys in these communities don't want to pay for mods, that's how it goes.
Had my experience selling my Prelude, almost started a war at the official forums (payware thread is still there) and is not a path I want to go through again.

If you really want to be serious about making money with mods, you have to make your own and original content (no license issues, so no real brands or "real" cars) and sell it when finished.

I remember this fight.
Here the case is straight because I put it on request. However, some respondents will not comment

Reactions: CC
  • Deleted member 223075

Yep agree with others. You make for community because you like it and you like to share your work with others.

Requesting money for making mod is not a good choice.

I love how this community feels entitled to tell other people what their work is worth and whether they're allowed to ask compensation or forced to give it away.

Makes me want to keep all my future mods private. The thought of my effort making some of you guys happy really sours my mood.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 132 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 70 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 139 13.9%