Osella @ CREMA RSR Sector 2 - Wednesday April 27th

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: Osella
Track: CREMA RSR Sector 2 Download HERE
Weather: Dry
Race distance: 2x18 laps (1 mandatory pitstop)
Practice start time:19:00GMT
Qualification start time:19:15 GMT
Warm-up start time:
Race start time: 19:30GMT

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

NOTE: You need to download this track HERE, it is not the same version included in the game.

Sign-up list:

1. Senad Subasic
  2. Andrew Scott
  3. Steffen Lauge Sorensen
  4. Andy White
  5. Andi Goodwin
  6. Alfonso Martin
  7. Mark Oates
  8. Adam Farmer
  9. Laurent Resende
  10. Jonathan La Trobe-Lewis
  11. Nigel Atkins
  12. Ivan Oldano
  13. Rodney Van der Jeught
  14. Daniel Ouff
  15. Admin

450x364-alg_sparrow.jpg

Ok I'll try to explain launch control.
(Don't know if it works on manual clutch though)

1. Start the car in neutral
2. Hold the shift down paddle to put the car in reverse, DO NOT LET GO OF THE PADDLE.
3. Whilst holding down the left (shift down) paddle, select first gear with the shift up paddle (right), DO NOT LET GO OF THE LEFT PADDLE.
4. Apply pressure to the accelerator until the lights on the steering blink (hold at this level). Don't worry, the car will not move if you are holding the left paddle.
5. When the start lights go green release the left paddle and floor the accelerator.

Rob walker and myself discovered this totally by accident a couple of weeks ago. Don't know if its common knowledge or not, but it works a treat.

Works on Fanatec and Logitech wheels, but haven't tried it with any others.

2. Hold the shift down paddle to put the car in reverse, DO NOT LET GO OF THE PADDLE.
3. Whilst holding down the left (shift down) paddle, select first gear with the shift up paddle (right), DO NOT LET GO OF THE LEFT PADDLE.
4. Apply pressure to the accelerator until the lights on the steering blink (hold at this level). Don't worry, the car will not move if you are holding the left paddle.
5. When the start lights go green release the left paddle and floor the accelerator.

Rob walker and myself discovered this totally by accident a couple of weeks ago. Don't know if its common knowledge or not, but it works a treat.

This seems to me, if I'm not wrong, like the "hold both paddles clutch", not really a cheat or bug. It basically just enables a clutch for a better start. I never use it as can cause a jump start very easily.

Well I'll be a monkeys grandad! lol

I cant do it...I use stick shift :(

Like i say, I didn't know if it was common knowledge or not. You only have to keep the left paddle held down though, not both. Its a lot faster than a normal clutch start and is probably why I thought it was a bit sneaky.

I dont use manual, only sequential shifter. I will try H-pattern and manual clutch in a few days ;) By the way I have been training and finally I got 1:26:886 (probbably I could improve to 1:26:5) But this is my limit!!! hehehe. Imposible to set 1:24-1:25 Well as you says guys, you cant win a race in the first 1-2 lap but you probbably could lose it ;) Take care when overtaking... This track seems to be very very dificult except in the large finish straight I think, so lets drive carefully :)

Good luck everybody!

Hey guys, there is a few public Osella skins available here if we all install them we will have different liveries for the race :)
Some of the links are dead (filefront ones) but all the others are good, there are some private league skins in one of the skinpaks, but I havent installed those, out of respect to there respective owners.

See you on track gents!

Cheers

A *CURRENT* link to that skinpack that actually works has been posted there just a few hours ago: https://rapidshare.com/files/459427269/SkinPack_Osella_2011.01_v1.0.rar

I've installed it, and suggest others do so as well.

Between that pack, my livery, and Andrew's, we should have a good selection for tonight. As Andrew mentions, some of those skins belong to specific racers and are quite obvious... I have installed them, just in case I ever race them.

In the coming week (or 2, because this one will be busy), I will try to make time to come up with a tastefully generic skin template which I can use to crank out custom liveries for anybody here who wants one. I will make a separate post with further details later, but essentially I will have you pm me and specify the following: 1. Primary Color 2. Accent Color 3. Racing Number 4. Nationality. If there is an image or logo you would like on the hood and/or the sides, I will likely be willing to accomodate, providing you send me a link to a source image of reasonably high resolution (at least 300px x 300px, the higher the better since I generate all my skins at mega high resolution and export at game resolution).

See you tonight!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back