Osella @ CREMA RSR Sector 2 - Wednesday April 27th

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: Osella
Track: CREMA RSR Sector 2 Download HERE
Weather: Dry
Race distance: 2x18 laps (1 mandatory pitstop)
Practice start time:19:00GMT
Qualification start time:19:15 GMT
Warm-up start time:
Race start time: 19:30GMT

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

NOTE: You need to download this track HERE, it is not the same version included in the game.

Sign-up list:

1. Senad Subasic
  2. Andrew Scott
  3. Steffen Lauge Sorensen
  4. Andy White
  5. Andi Goodwin
  6. Alfonso Martin
  7. Mark Oates
  8. Adam Farmer
  9. Laurent Resende
  10. Jonathan La Trobe-Lewis
  11. Nigel Atkins
  12. Ivan Oldano
  13. Rodney Van der Jeught
  14. Daniel Ouff
  15. Admin

Wow, the car looks really great. I wish I had the knowledge and artistry to attempt something like that.

Anyway, I need to spend my spare time behind the wheel. I practised for hours yesterday and my best lap felt really good and really fast, and it was 1:29.50 :frown:.

I'm obviously doing something wrong, but will keep trying!

Adam don't be discouraged :) I'm sure my lap time will be way in the back! :p Anything can happen in a race, qually is important but you'll be surprised at how things can pan out in a race. Especially with a pitstop! It's gonna be a blast I'm sure!

Hey Adam dont worry mate, you will improve with time and familiarity with nKP we all do so dont be hard on yourself.

As Paul stated above anything can happen in motorsport, I was 3rd on the grid last week and ended 3laps down at race end, lol,
but it was a blast regardless, so dont get to discouraged about lap times.

Don't worry, I had amazing fun! It's absolutely thrilling and a great challenge. I'm just struggling to think how it's possible to gain another 8 seconds!!!!!

However, just over a week ago I could not get the Abarth around 1 corner without spinning off the track!! So I'm doing well.

Also, just got 1:28:470!

Well, if it makes you feel better, I'm having real trouble pulling below 1:30:000 with any consistency. As I'm quite new to this "physically accurate" sim racing... I watched all the iRacing driving school videos on youtube today and immediately knocked ~4 seconds off of every lap, so it must come down to becoming aware of which mistakes I'm making and having a clue as to what to do about it. I really wish Netkar supported ghost cars so I could watch the really fast drivers.

As for the livery comments - thank you very much for your kind feedback, everyone! I'm sure I'll be able to help others out with their own designs from time to time. Obviously, like everybody else, free time is a factor.... and right now I've got to figure out how to drive this beast properly. No use sitting at the back, just lookin' good ;).

Hey guys, there is a few public Osella skins available here if we all install them we will have different liveries for the race :)
Some of the links are dead (filefront ones) but all the others are good, there are some private league skins in one of the skinpaks, but I havent installed those, out of respect to there respective owners.

See you on track gents!

Cheers

Well, if it makes you feel better, I'm having real trouble pulling below 1:30:000 with any consistency. As I'm quite new to this "physically accurate" sim racing... I watched all the iRacing driving school videos on youtube today and immediately knocked ~4 seconds off of every lap, so it must come down to becoming aware of which mistakes I'm making and having a clue as to what to do about it. I really wish Netkar supported ghost cars so I could watch the really fast drivers.

I'm also having real trouble getting below 1:30:00 with any consistency. Staying on the road for 2 laps in a row is tricky enough!

Thanks for mentioning the iRacing videos, I watched a few last night and they're quite interesting.

I'm also having real trouble getting below 1:30:00 with any consistency. Staying on the road for 2 laps in a row is tricky enough!

Thanks for mentioning the iRacing videos, I watched a few last night and they're quite interesting.

I'm doing 1,28-1,30s too, looks like we'll be racing ;)

The server is setup for tonight's race, I tested it out and it looks good, but if anyone has a problem please PM me. :)

Uploaded my beta Osella skin for this evenings race, did it in a hurry so it isnt much :)

here

Jonny inspired me to have a go, thanks mate, these new skin templates are so difficult to paint for us OLDER noob painters, this took hours, lol.

See ya all on track

Oh, and remember a race isnt won at the 1st corner, and it takes 2 laps to get tyres to full temp
Lets try for a clean start,so we all enjoy the event better :)> just a suggestion :)

Oh, and remember a race isnt won at the 1st corner, and it takes 2 laps to get tyres to full temp
Lets try for a clean start,so we all enjoy the event better :)> just a suggestion :)

After you've done qually and are happy with your time go to the box change your tyres and do a lap before qually time runs out, that'll preheat up your tyres enough to have good grip on lap one. Starting on cold tyres is never a good idea if you can avoid it.

I agree Andrew, this is a narrow track so keep that in mind when trying to pass :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back