Resource icon

Misc OSD Mod+Sky Sports F1 HD Live Logo 3.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Commandz submitted a new resource:

OSD Mod - On-Screen-Display Mod Transparent

This is my first submission to RD so please bare with me. I've tested this for a a couple days with a friend and it seems to be all in good order. If an update comes along from Codemasters it may break the OSD, as a fair warning and that's why I use JSGME.

The mod achieves a Transparent OSD, this includes 4 variants, backup files for (V1.3.1) and the modded files that achieve this effect.

Installation
*To install open the folder which corresponds to the screenshots and copy...

Read more about this resource...

I've been waiting for exactly this, thanks man!

couple questions:
* OSD transparent - how do you mean? I want the start lights, wrong way and clutch help to disappear, but all other information to remain (MFD, messages, lap time, race position). Do I need the 4th version?

* Can you please also make the MFD/voice menu buttons on the right disappear? It's absolutely useless and immersion ruining that they sit there during the whole race

Last edited:
Is it possible to show the engine RPM in cockpit view? i always use cockpit view and i don't get why the engine RPM and DRS timer should not be available to those who use cockpit view. if codies doesn't do it, will you be the hero to make this possible? :D

I've tried you mod now, it's fantastic. Now I understand what you mean by transparent OSD. If possible I would like to make a small request :)

The transparent OSD is too much for me. I love everything else you did, so can you please make a version with

* no start lights
* no wrong way
* no clutch&throttle
* UNCHANGED OSD transparency
* removed MFD/voice menu buttons (if this is possible)

Thanks.
Keep up the good work mate.

I've been waiting for exactly this, thanks man!

couple questions:
* OSD transparent - how do you mean? I want the start lights, wrong way and clutch help to disappear, but all other information to remain (MFD, messages, lap time, race position). Do I need the 4th version?

* Can you please also make the MFD/voice menu buttons on the right disappear? It's absolutely useless and immersion ruining that they sit there during the whole race
Good question I should of been a bit more specific, all the OSD transparency does is make the background (black) be clear the information stays but may not be visible at right times in the race. If you want the start lights, wrong and clutch/throttle to disappear and the buttons, I would say try the third version. I'll make a new variant with just no starting lights, wrong way, clutch and throttle and leave everything as is. As for the buttons completely gone or not visible I'll check. I run no OSD and the 3rd one removes those buttons while racing. I'm hoping I didn't confuse you more, its a bit harder to type then to talk.

Is it possible to show the engine RPM in cockpit view? i always use cockpit view and i don't get why the engine RPM and DRS timer should not be available to those who use cockpit view. if codies doesn't do it, will you be the hero to make this possible? :D
Ensi Ferrum asked this I'm still looking into it though I'm not very certain in myself. I'm not the best in scripts ( trial and error for me) :D

I can hardly wait :)
Would this be to your liking? ;) If so it has some transparency but only for the icons that normally sit on top of the MFD/Dash.
391040_20160913201908_1.jpg

391040_20160913202041_1.jpg

So now it's only the top row of the MFD that has transparency? The microphone icon is completely gone on your screenshot. Yes I think it looks cool!
Correct, I just cleared the buttons/ icons there. Would you like to keep the microphone icon? I'm so sorry for the back and forth.

Really nice work m8! i have a question:
i Really want the starting lights, but All OSD Transparent, is this possible :) thx 4 ur reply :)
Yeah not a problem should take all but 10 minutes, just let me know if you want the mfd's buttons/keys gone as well. I also noticed that if the flags and warnings are set on they aren't transparent (never turned it on) I just wanted to mention it.

Yeah not a problem should take all but 10 minutes, just let me know if you want the mfd's buttons/keys gone as well. I also noticed that if the flags and warnings are set on they aren't transparent (never turned it on) I just wanted to mention it.
ahm yeah, i want the mfd's buttons/keys NOT gone but the Flags and warnings if it is possible also transperent :) thx 4 ur fast reply :)

ahm yeah, i want the mfd's buttons/keys NOT gone but the Flags and warnings if it is possible also transperent :) thx 4 ur fast reply :)
Hmm copy that I'll have to look into that since I have yet find the code for it. Another question would be Ai name background, would you like this transparent?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 306 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 155 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.6%