OSD Mod, no session legend etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, :)

Please skip to the second paragraph unless you want to read my extremely bloated introduction.

First time posting here and wanted to first of all thank all the modders for their work they have put into making this game even more of an immersive experience. Being a Mac user (please don't hate) :) and wanting to keep things native I am a late comer to the F1 2012 party. I got my game last month and at the weekend got to thinking if there were any mods available that I could use. Well sniffing around the package contents the answer was an awful lot! :D I have picked up all the new car liveries from the PIMP your F1 2012 sticky, as well as the HD tracks, garages, and suits, helmets and have been experimenting with the different cameras and ai mods available, even getting a saftey car mid race at Monaco, not that helped my cause as I fluffed the restart from 2nd and promptly crashed into the armco and had to retire. LOL.

This mod may not be to everyones taste but I wanted to lose all the OSD indicators and not just the ones we could turn on and off in the menu. I found the 5 minute countdown in qualifying to be a distraction and wanted it gone, it has taken me a little time and a bit of a learning curve but I have now found the rendering references I needed to change to do this. I also wanted to permanently prevent the fastest lap message from appearing as well as the rejoining the track messages and illegal overtake messages. Now it's a nice surprise on your steering wheel and a drive through if your naughty enough to pass whilst outside the white lines. And whilst I was doing all of that I have changed the race start lights into transparencies and hid the wrong way indicator using a transparency too. In fact it is the transparency I used for the start lights that I have the session legend render referencing to making it invisible. :)

Some screens below, sorry if they are below par image wise but my gaming rig is not really a gaming rig at all but a mid 2012 13 inch MacBook Pro running this game natively. Though I must say that the integrated Intel HD 4000 has surprised me by running this game with no slowdown on reasonable settings, high car reflections, trackside objects crowds etc, though no MSAA. Next machine will be a little stronger in the graphics department I think but that's really why I bought the Macbook Pro, but I digress.

Some screens below, resized but not cropped or altered in any way.

Pit car monitor showing 5 minutes remaining in current session.
5minutestogo_zps38940f59.jpg

Just exited the pit, no more session legend in middle of the screen
NOOSDwith5minutesinsessionremaining_zps0c089fdb.jpg

Marshal close up, wheel lights
Marhsalandwheelflagsonly_zps2153ebc1.jpg

No wrong way warning
Nowrongwayindicator_zps55cfa23c.jpg

No overlayed start lights
Startlights_zpsbc2ca4cf.jpg

Penalty, naughty!
Penaltylights_zpsa3739410.jpg

Blue flagged by marshal and wheel, Sunday drivers be warned. :)
BlueFlag_zpsaaf30265.jpg

Remaining OSD can still be enabled in menu, telemetry data is there but only in reverse view, camera mod?
OSDwithoutsessionlegend_zpsaf469f6f.jpg

I hope someone will find it useful.

Thanks again to all for the excellent mods on here and Ryder for the .pssg extraction tool.

File upload to racedepartment here <---- this link is now dead.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tink many people wnated this!!!

But i am not sure how to difference a warning for a penalty, a penalty and which penalty...

Or could you make the same with flags on?

hanks, anyway forn this, th blocking times were... Horrible, especially with some cam mods :/

I tink many people wnated this!!!

But i am not sure how to difference a warning for a penalty, a penalty and which penalty...

Or could you make the same with flags on?

hanks, anyway forn this, th blocking times were... Horrible, especially with some cam mods :/

Hi and thanks.

To get back the flags, track rejoining messages and the illegal overtake messages just replace my config.xml included in my archive with your original backed up one.

You will get the fastest lap times pop up again as they appear to share this interface. I am sure the exact rendering reference could be found but for me it was easier just to switch off with a quick fix.

I hope that helps. :)

Great work! I know some users wanted to remove the session countdown because of modded tcams. Out of interest how did you achieve it?

I found the render node references in the d_osd.pssg and changed the values so they pointed to a transparency instead of rendering a block of colour and text overlay. Couldn't have looked for it without Ryder's excellent tool. :)

I found the render node references in the d_osd.pssg and changed the values so they pointed to a transparency instead of rendering a block of colour and text overlay. Couldn't have looked for it without Ryder's excellent tool. :)

Wow awesome :) Thanks. I didn't really know editing anything in pssgs was possible apart from textures :)

Wow awesome :) Thanks. I didn't really know editing anything in pssgs was possible apart from textures :)

Neither did I but I it was two days trial and error, changing textures here and there until I got the right one. The eureka moment was when the background on the lap timer on the right hand side changed to a transparency after I found and changed it's from using a shader to using a texture file. I didn't mean to do that but it meant I knew I was on to something and I got the right files quite quickly after that.

Probably not the most elegant of work but I am amateur at best. Had to use my old Samsung netbook just to able to use the windows tools.

Neither did I but I it was two days trial and error, changing textures here and there until I got the right one. The eureka moment was when the background on the lap timer on the right hand side changed to a transparency after I found and changed it's from using a shader to using a texture file. I didn't mean to do that but it meant I knew I was on to something and I got the right files quite quickly after that.

Probably not the most elegant of work but I am amateur at best. Had to use my old Samsung netbook just to able to use the windows tools.

Well you've already achieved something that no one else managed before - so fantastic work!

Looking forward to seeing some more mods from you in the future :)

NeoStuey

I have merged the separate discussion thread into the download thread. It should be OK.

The redirect for the old discussion thread will disappear in 24hr leaving this as the one and only thread.

Feel free to change or edit any links.

Yesss :) that's what i was looking for for some time now... finally someone made it, tried it a bit by myself but i failed epic :roflmao:
i just changed my d_osd.pssg with yours and i still have my personal OSD without the 5 minute counter

Many thanks for that :thumbsup:

Hello all, :)

Please skip to the second paragraph unless you want to read my extremely bloated introduction.

First time posting here and wanted to first of all thank all the modders for their work they have put into making this game even more of an immersive experience. Being a Mac user (please don't hate) :) and wanting to keep things native I am a late comer to the F1 2012 party. I got my game last month and at the weekend got to thinking if there were any mods available that I could use. Well sniffing around the package contents the answer was an awful lot! :D I have picked up all the new car liveries from the PIMP your F1 2012 sticky, as well as the HD tracks, garages, and suits, helmets and have been experimenting with the different cameras and ai mods available, even getting a saftey car mid race at Monaco, not that helped my cause as I fluffed the restart from 2nd and promptly crashed into the armco and had to retire. LOL.

This mod may not be to everyones taste but I wanted to lose all the OSD indicators and not just the ones we could turn on and off in the menu. I found the 5 minute countdown in qualifying to be a distraction and wanted it gone, it has taken me a little time and a bit of a learning curve but I have now found the rendering references I needed to change to do this. I also wanted to permanently prevent the fastest lap message from appearing as well as the rejoining the track messages and illegal overtake messages. Now it's a nice surprise on your steering wheel and a drive through if your naughty enough to pass whilst outside the white lines. And whilst I was doing all of that I have changed the race start lights into transparencies and hid the wrong way indicator using a transparency too. In fact it is the transparency I used for the start lights that I have the session legend render referencing to making it invisible. :)

... snip...

Pit car monitor showing 5 minutes remaining in current session.

Just exited the pit, no more session legend in middle of the screen

Marshal close up, wheel lights

No wrong way warning

No overlayed start lights

Penalty, naughty!

Blue flagged by marshal and wheel, Sunday drivers be warned. :)

I hope someone will find it useful.

Thanks again to all for the excellent mods on here and Ryder for the .pssg extraction tool.

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/microdownloads/osd-mod-no-session-legend-etc.631/viewfile

Magnifico! Exactly what I've been waiting for for so long! No hate from me for sure! :thumbsup:
I've just tried everything, even the Debug-menu Safety car, and it's a big improvement!

The only pieces of garbage left are the semi-transparent menus, so if you could find a way to make them fully transparent now, I will be forever grateful! :D

NeoStuey

I have merged the separate discussion thread into the download thread. It should be OK.

The redirect for the old discussion thread will disappear in 24hr leaving this as the one and only thread.

Feel free to change or edit any links.

Thanks for merging the posts, I started the forum post by mistake and then found I couldn't upload the file.

Thanks again. :)

Yesss :) that's what i was looking for for some time now... finally someone made it, tried it a bit by myself but i failed epic :roflmao:
i just changed my d_osd.pssg with yours and i still have my personal OSD without the 5 minute counter

Many thanks for that :thumbsup:

Glad it works the way you want it to. :)

Magnifico! Exactly what I've been waiting for for so long! No hate from me for sure! :thumbsup:
I've just tried everything, even the Debug-menu Safety car, and it's a big improvement!

The only pieces of garbage left are the semi-transparent menus, so if you could find a way to make them fully transparent now, I will be forever grateful! :D

Thanks! I was already experimenting with stuff but it seems a lot of work! My game currently looks like this is places. I would like a lighter transparency but the file I am editing is dictating what I can and can't use. I have had lots of database errors on start up over the past two days. :redface:

recolouredresults_zps902a645e.jpg

Pauseoptions_zps108cb20f.jpg

Engineeroptions_zps94a5ad60.jpg

Tyreselection_zpse2afb272.jpg

Thanks! I was already experimenting with stuff but it seems a lot of work! My game currently looks like this is places. I would like a lighter transparency but the file I am editing is dictating what I can and can't use. I have had lots of database errors on start up over the past two days. :redface:

(Skipped pictures)

Thanks for this mod again, NeoStuey. The "semi-transparent" menus I was talking about are the ones used while driving the car on the track to:

- change the fuel mix (Mix 1, Mix 2, and Mix 3)
- select braking bias (Front, Neutral, and Back)
- select tyre type for next pitstop (Options, Primes, Intermediates, and Wets)

Dunno if you have these on-screen menus available to you on your platform, though.

Thanks! Great find already!

These menus you posted are fine (sorry for not explaining further before, I thought you knew what I was referring to).

On edit: (Oh! And I sure hope you do back up all original files before you make changes) ;)

nice with the black colours :rolleyes: here u can see the result of my epic fail :roflmao: editing the position_xxx files in b_osd brings this result :roflmao: don't mind the counter on the picture,,, it's a few days old, it's gone now :)

f1_20122013-01-0313-1firdx-jpg.35689

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back