1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Misc OSD Mod, No session legend etc. (Re-Issue) 1.1

removal of some OSD items from the screen

1. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

Graham Laing submitted a new resource:

OSD Mod, No session legend etc. (Re-Issue) - removal of some OSD items from the screen

Read more about this resource...

• Like Like x 2
  2. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

3. Hawaiian Guy

Hawaiian Guy
    Banned on request @Simberia

Thank you very much i love it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. agnusrock

agnusrock
    @ Simberia @Simberia

5. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

You would have to read the original thread here

I don't know if the info you want is in that thread, but I don't use the mod and have never used the mod. I have just re-uploaded it for those that might want to use it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Melphiz

Melphiz
    [TruckSim-Map Team]

• Like Like x 2
  7. Scott Tanner

Scott Tanner
    3vil - Steam

Nice mod. Although I like the information on the screen I do wonder if it is possible to have the information much neater and into the corners deeper than they currently are. So for example the lap time display shown in the left top corner much farther into the corner than it currently is, the same for the sector times in the right top corner and the DRS indicator on the bottom left much neater into the corner as they are quite obtrusive by default but it is info I rely on.

Can you upload a mod like it? I have no idea how I can change it myself.

8. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

@Scott Tanner

I should tell you that the mod isn't supported anymore (as far as I can see). It was just re-issued because the old download link was dead, and someone wanted the mod.

The original modder has not visited the website for the past 4 months.

Cheers :)

9. Melphiz

Melphiz
    [TruckSim-Map Team]

@Scott Tanner I have my doubts anyone had yet found a way to move the OSD stuff around. I don't even find the scripts for lighting the damage info or changing the OSD LEDs. We may be able to deactivate stuff and mod the underlayers like making them transparent or not rectangular. But moving anything around means to screw in the program's code, which file it even be.

10. Scott Tanner

Scott Tanner
    3vil - Steam

No worries I just thought I would ask if possible.

11. hey,
    nice work by the way... :)
    is it possible with the osd mod, to get the mini map on top of the screen between names and rounds?? then looks the cockpit view cleaner :)

12. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

This mod is not supported anymore, it was re-uploaded (as is) to fulfil a request.

The original modder has not been around for nearly 8 months .......

13. Melphiz

Melphiz
    [TruckSim-Map Team]

haha @Graham Laing you reply to that now, really? :D I wouldn't bother several months later ,)

14. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

I know ...... I must be too devoted my job ;)

15. OSD Transparency Options F1 2012
    Edited for adding its new link as a RD download resource now:

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/osd-transparency-options.80099/

Derived from the same two frontend folder's *_osd.pssg files in this mod, and available as replacements.

Mods: Since RD member NeoStuey has not visited this forum for months, I hope this improvement can remain available to our community. If he was still active and login in often, I would have asked him for it, or asked permission to do it myself. Thanks.

The 2 versions included in the download have their own separate folders named:

1- See_Through_OSD_Invisible_Quick_Menu
    -Temperature
    [​IMG]
    -Damage, Tyre wear & Pitstop
    [​IMG]
    -Informations
    [​IMG]
    Pre-planned PITSTOP
    [​IMG]

2- See_Through_OSD_Transparent_Quick_Menu
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

27+MB .zip file at MediaFire: New link to RD DOWNLOAD also provided down thread.
    Link removed - Moderator

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  16. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

@Salut Gilles

Thanks for the updated mod, but can you please upload it to RD separately and not as a add-on to this thread.

Just add the credit to @NeoStuey once you have uploaded the mod.

I have removed your link from your post, but left the details there so that you can copy and paste all your pictures and text into your new upload

Cheers :thumbsup:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  17. Thanks! I will proceed to do that as soon as I can (in an hour or two), and improve the structure of the downloaded folders, with fewer pictures (for size), real Original Backup files, and instructions on how to copy the mods or restore originals.

Happy New Year!! :)

18. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

Excellent. Thank you :thumbsup:

Happy New year too :)

19. Oops... Surprise family visit... :D
    Will proceed later.
    HNY Everybody!