F1 2010 Organised race for newbs (PC)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Note to mod, I'm posting here as I cant post in the other section & I'm just gauging interest

Taken from the front page of this site,

... we (also) offer casual online racing almost every night of the week in our Racing Clubs. We cater to owners of any racing game and all skill levels are welcome.

Right I'm pretty new to this, & as a result I'm not much good. The only track I can realistically get around with no driving aids is Montreal. But I often get that wrong eg missing my braking point at turn 1 on a regular basis & sometimes (far to often) completely missing the chicanes beacuse I forget where I am on track... accidental pitting anyone???
While I would like to be a clean racer, I am going to make mistakes. Also for most of the other tracks I am going to want the racing line on as well.

I currently do my races using auto-gears auto-pit-control & auto-pit-box. I try to learn the track so that I can turn off the racing line, but it's not always practical. I am so rubbish at Monaco I have to have all the aids turned on including auto brakes.

Every race currently on offer at the time of posting, the combination of driving aids allowed (or rather NOT) basically means I cannot join any of them.

Now I would love to do an online race against a whole bunch of people, but having tried going online through the game there never seems to be anyone around, the most I've managed to get is 2 other people, so obviously the way to go is an organised race.

Even if the powers-that-be here do offer a race with all assists allowed (which I have seen done), I get the impression that they are all pretty good racers. So they would probably be going around Montreal getting times of 1 min 10, while I pootle around putting in times of 1 min 25 or more... While I'm happy to come last, I would like to try & compete against people similar to my own skill level, & at the same time I dont want to spoil the races of the big boys... It all seems pretty intimidating.

As a result, I would like to know if there is any interest in doing a race (or better yet a Championship) with all assists allowed, for those of us who arent that good.

All assist to be allowed, any camera view allowed. I would like to have full collisions on & full damage on (but any settings up for discussion). I'm thinking 40% race with qualifying. Platform PC

Initially at Montreal, or if there is enough interest, or depending on how it goes, a whole championship season. & just for the people that arent that good, maybe low online ranking.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back