Organised Practise Sessions???

I was thinking we'd do the KS2 and the tracks upcoming in the RDNGP. And I can do it on Saturday, but not Thursday or Friday, of course, since your evening is my mid-day.

But I'm open to doing whatever cars and tracks people want.

Awesome, thanks Bjorn.

Depends what were aiming for, are we after practise/training sessions where carcraft is discussed and tested, or just group practise doing laps together and testing independently.

I was thinking F2000 as its the least powered and has a good aero package, which is probably easier to learn, but the KS2 will probably the favoured drive?

Using the RDNGP circuits as Phil mentioned would no doubt help some of the less experienced pilots come to grips with the layouts their gonna race on.

But a few technical circuits should be a definate.

Maybe a poll is in order?????????

Hey guys just curious. Do i need a special permission to take part in this practice sessions? i would love to practice first before doing any online races because i am Captain Slow Jr. when it comes to online racing. Thanks!

( i promise i will stay out of your way and behave accordingly, i only want some company at the track )

Hello Adriecoot. I'll let others answer whether you must be a licensed member first (I don't know). But I'll reassure you that you'll have plenty of company, me for one, back near the back of the pack!

But why not apply for membership? It's free, and this is a great group of guys to race with.

Hey guys just curious. Do i need a special permission to take part in this practice sessions? i would love to practice first before doing any online races because i am Captain Slow Jr. when it comes to online racing. Thanks!

( i promise i will stay out of your way and behave accordingly, i only want some company at the track )

Hi Adriecoot.

You can apply here:)
http://www.racedepartment.com/misc.php?do=form&fid=1

thanks guys i will make my proper request.

i havent done it before because i am afraid you guys will kick my butt online, but i guess its more fun to finish last than to finish alone :p

(edit: hey guys i just did my application and i noticed a typo in there "It's not about to about winning or losing but about having ...." just thought i'd give you a heads up. sorry if this is the wrong place to do it.)

Hi all, well now we have the polling done :thumb:, I think the next step to getting organised is Common session days and times so when we can meet up on the server to practise.
I cant work so anytime, anyday is good for me, there may even be a need for 2 session times, 1 to suit Northern hemispere and one for us southerners, lol, this could even be expanded if demand was there later on.

So post your thoughts for times and days that suit you to practise, and we can get started.

For me 9am to 9pm +8GMT. :cool:

Cheers

That's great Bjorn. Very helpful.

In terms of organizing sessions when we might stand a chance of meeting others to practice with, I'm western hemisphere, so Euro evening is my mid-day. That means weekends would be easier for me to make at times convenient for those whose time zones are nearer GMT.

I could also do some Thursdays or Fridays sometimes. I am GMT-6

Yeah, I think the key word here is "organized". It's great to have the server up, but there are not too many of us so I don't think we are too likely to just come across each other online. I think we need to set up a couple of regular times. For me it would be great to have one time on Saturday around 8:00 or 9:00GMT (so not too early for the Euro guys). That's mid-afternoon for me.

Yeah, I think the key word here is "organized". It's great to have the server up, but there are not too many of us so I don't think we are too likely to just come across each other online. I think we need to set up a couple of regular times. For me it would be great to have one time on Saturday around 8:00 or 9:00GMT (so not too early for the Euro guys). That's mid-afternoon for me.

I agree Phil, this is why I suggested "Organised Sessions", obviously it's going to take a little more "Organisation" (pun intended) to bring a session together.

So come on guys, lets get ORGANISED, WE agreed to the sessions and Bjorn has put the server up for us to use, so lets use it?

Lets aim for a one hour session sometime on SUNDAY/Today???

Cheers all

Phil probably easier for me to follow your lead mate, as your closer to Europe than I am. I think a US time will be somewhere in the middle?

7:04am in West Aust as I type this. I will try to spend most of my day on the server, hope to see you guys there.

Cheers

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back