1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Paul Herman, Dec 26, 2010.

1. ORC: http://www.siroccoracing.com

2. Thanks for the mention Paul :)
  3. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Great, could we get a review copy for the RD game review page when its out?
  4. Sure Bram, I'd be more than happy to. Still a while to go yet, but hopefully we can get you a preview copy soon.

Merry Christmas,
  5. This is very fantastic news and I am really looking forward to play the game. 2011 is looking to become an even better year then I expected. (rF2 and now ORC)
  6. Thanks George, I do think ORC has a lot of potential, but I am a bit biased :)
  7. As far as my memory works, I believe that I've seen this in Ogre3D forums. Am I right? If yes could you tell me what GUI have you used? It doesn't seem that it is CEGUI or other common. Also for the steering wheel and dashboard have you used RTT?
  8. Hi Paul,

Yep, that's ORC. I am using Ogre3d. I am using MyGUI for the GUI. For the steering wheel, yep i'm using RTT with Gorilla (betaJean) to do the 2d drawing stuff.

I'm sure no-one will understand all that stuff, but if you are an ogre guy, i'm sure it makes sense :)

All the best,
  9. Here are a couple of renders of the Formula Sirocco FS01 in a couple of different fantasy liveries

Model by Nick Ovey, Skins by Dave Ellis
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Models look really, really good with lots of detail and skins look great too :wink:
    Keep up the good work.
  11. Thanks sonac :)
  12. i hope ORC will be True F1 sim_
  13. Unfortunately we don't have the billions needed to give Uncle Bernie. We will try to make something that will feel great and authentic even if it isn't named after a real world series. The current "Formula Sirocco" is inspired by a couple of lower formula cars (i.e. not F1)
  14. yes we know that situation ;)
    who has billions we do not buy theirs games :)
  15. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

16. Aidan Keranen

Aidan Keranen
    #4 2KF1 Racing RDGPC|LoL/RL Caster@AussieGamingTV Premium Member

what's the current situation? if anyone knows.
  17. Hi Aidan,

Unfortunately I've had to take a full time job (after being without a salary for 4 years) in order to pay the bills. I am continuing with ORC in my spare time at the minute. I am desperate to get back on it full time, but with a 16 month old son to support it isn't easy to take risks.

I would like to perhaps go for funding from the likes of kickstarter, but I know that there really needs to be something unique about ORC before something like that will take off.

Currently it's more of a racing sim engine, but there needs to be a lot of work into making it a more solid sim/game.

Hopefully I can figure something out as it's been a dream of mine for a long long time to release a racing sim.

All the best,
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Aidan Keranen

Aidan Keranen
    #4 2KF1 Racing RDGPC|LoL/RL Caster@AussieGamingTV Premium Member

well, personally from me and anyone else that would agree, all the best to you.
    hopefully it can all work out, you've done a great job so far.
    good luck
  19. Thanks Aidan :)

PS. I miss Mika, he was a comic genius :)
    • Like Like x 1

20. This is a more up to date video (although I was half way through updating the sound library, so it sounds funny).
    • Like Like x 3