1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oran Park LiDAR

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Brendon Pywell, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Brendon Pywell

Brendon Pywell
    Bob's Track Builder

2. Thankyou so very much for being able to do this before the track is demolished :) :(.

This means we'll at least be able to virtually drive it forever.
  3. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

Great to see more and more scratch content coming. And now also the second laser scanned track.

Great future ahead :)
    Also a good idea to run a rFactor event on the laserscanned tracks :)
  4. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Really great to see some scratch built Aussie tracks, and I desparately hope we may get to see this converted to GTRE one day.

Oran Park is a great layout and what a shame to see it turned into a housing estate.
  5. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

6. Impressive Piddy...

RF 2, RBR 0

Why don't making also a laser-scanned RBR track too?:worship:

Thanks a lot for your work!
  7. Rest In Peace, Oran Park. You will live on for all eternity on our Hard Drives. :weep:

8. can you remeber the old roller scanner, we need 40 of that to tunner a car LOL, and go 0,2Km/h for every street to scanner them. xD

impresive work Piddy. i installed Rfactor only to see your work. :)
  9. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

/me hits piddy's thanks button :)
  10. Good stuff!
  11. The textures are simply amazing mainly the grasses. Wonderful job.
  12. Superb Job for the work done on this, ive tried a few races in various cars and to watch the replays and see the cars dip and weave with the track is like watching the real thing, great work!
  13. Brilliant work. We had a race on this tonight and I loved watching V8SCs around there and loved driving it tonight. Well up there with my favourite tracks of all time straight away.

Just needs someone to mod it for Evo now :)
  14. This track really is fantastic. I don't know the track, but it's great to drive and feels like a real track with all the bumps. The textures are also a huge improvment on Eastern Creek.

I'd really love to see this track in GTR2 and LFS.
  15. It would be allowed to "steal" some textures of this track? I loved grass aspect.
  16. Brendon Pywell

Brendon Pywell
    Bob's Track Builder

Does anyone know how to contact the people running http://www.rfactorcentral.com/ ??

We have a patch to send out but need to get their link to the current version removed. So far all my emails, or entries into their "contact" form have been met with no response.