Optimal FOV for an LMP cockpit view

This might seem like a bit of a dumb question as in most cases I guess it's down to setup and personal preference. But for example for the 2011 Audi LMP in the R3E P1 category is there possibly a recommended FOV and seat position setting? I use a 24" monitor (single of course...) and have tried between 0.6-1.0 FOV. In each case the steering wheel looks huge, I guess it is kinda cramped in there, I dont know how the drivers do it. Given the the 2015 Porsche LMP is coming to AC I thought this might be a relevant question right now. I guess a starting point would be knowing what a driver sees when inside..

I guess it's down to setup and personal preference
Got it in one, the argument regarding FOV has spanned many years along with what driving view. Yes the cockpit may be more correct but nowadays I drive in whatever view and FOV suits me and depends on the car, with some I'm more comfortable in bonnet view. I would add that one of the fastest drivers in our club (and on the leaderboards) uses swingman. So do what suits you.
You can always pick the FOV then move the seat back or forward to help. Audi I use 0.8 with the seat quite forward.

I don't have that problem at all because I don't have a steering wheel in my view because I already use one and seeing two in front of me would look daft and spoil the immersion. But FOV, I use 0.8 and always in cockpit view. Tried others but they don't look right to me and at the end of the day, you do what looks and feels right to you.
ps Kenny, swingcam view must make it easier to drive fast. That's my excuse any way.;):whistling:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%