Opinions on what this may be?

image.jpg

Any hardware techs out there that can identify this? Something being machined? A Jig?

Last edited:
Ok, am surprised it could be console compatible with ps 4s lack of Immersion rights and xbox one software Incompatibilities and security licensing.
I doubt it's just a play on words due to the green and blue lighting, also I don't think it's quite as hardcore as we would like.
CSWB v2, I expect.

Upvote 0
I have rarely used my csw base on the ps3 maybe 10 hours in two and a half years.
Iv played some gt5 and gt6 but thats it.
I reckon it is a csw v2 with brushless motors and console compatibility.
I couldnt imagine them releasing a servo wheel so quick but lets hope.

Upvote 0
I don't think it's a Direct-drive wheel and here's why:
  1. Base appears to be very similar design to current CSW, i.e., belt drive
  2. TM uses brushless servo motors as well - would be an upgrade for the CSW though
  3. Compatible with Fanatec rims - the QR/rims aren't strong enough to handle DD torque

Upvote 0
I call BS on the QR not being strong enough due to the fact there's only a certain amount of N/m us Humans can survive. Why would you need a QR that's possible of Harming ones self with Such extreme level's of FFB ?

Also just because they posted a Stock picture of a CSW base means Nothing, have any of the other "teaser" pics been of the Unit itself. No, Imo that was more about the Very select few colors they choose to reflect in the base.

Upvote 0
That last one sounds weird? Are they trying to make a exclusive boys club like Ferrari has where you have to own a number of Ferraris and be a known name within Ferrari to buy a F50 (or whatever car it is)?
Anyways it sounds bad to me... :( Here's me hoping it's just the release event which is invite only.

Upvote 0
I don't get it...
Is it belt driven or directdrive?
It is belt driven, but they now use a much better motor and said they refined the belt drive system to reduce it's drawbacks and make it close to a direct drive wheel. It should have a lot more power and be more precise at the same time. In a german forum Thomas said, that they are working on a direct drive system as well, which will be compatible with the current quick release system.

Upvote 0
http://www.fanatec.com/forum/categories/blog

Not a true servo wheel and imho misleading to call it anything other than improved csw. Direct drive servo is not a complex string of words. Direct drive means the motor is on the same axle as the steering wheel with no gears, chains, springs, belts, flux capacitors or hydraulics in between the two. Servo is basically an electric motor, a sensor (a pot, optical, hall sensor, pressure sensor, loadcell whatever) and electrical circuitry that tried to control the motor so that the motor position matches with the input signal.

You don't need to take my word on it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_drive_mechanism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Servomotor

If this fanatec wheel s a servo wheel then all ffb wheels on the market are servo wheels. If this fanatec wheel is direct drive then all ffb wheels ever created are direct drive.

Just bizarre. Why not call it what it is?

Calling a wheelbase as directdrive that has beltdriven gears inside is not true statement at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You made me read it again, now I'm going to buy it.
7nm of torque? Modular console support, fantastic idea for the future.
The two direct drive references can be read two ways, both are quite misleading tho technically legal.

Upvote 0
"The smoothness, vividness and precision of a Direct Drive wheel combined with a torque increase of about 75%"
Edit: It feels like direct drive.

RE: Brushless Servo.
"Smooth performance with no cogging (in combination with our Poly-V belt drive system or direct drive)"
Edit: great motor for our poly-v or in a direct drive system.

"A brushless servo motor is currently state-of-the-art for force feedback systems and in principle this is exactly the same motor as the most expensive direct drive base units out there"
Edit: motor is same principal as DD base. Principal and exactly....lol
"Out there" smart play on words.

We all know what it is, CSWBv2, It's spin but it is shiny....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I know they used direct drive several times in the post, but I never interpreted it as them even hinting at it being a direct drive wheel. I do agree however that the wording does leave it a bit open for mis-interpretation.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back