opinions needed

i think about to make my car modding much easier and in the end i can release cars much faster... right now i spend too much time on doing things below the car body, if you drive save you will never see these parts because they will be just visible if you loose a bumper for example... in gmotor based games its often a bit stupid because the lights are not a debris, so you loose a bumper and the lights are floating free infront of the car, damn thats complete unreal -.-
so what if bumpers are no debris parts anymore? if they never can break i dont have to add all the details below the body because you wont see it anyway... beside this i could make the most cars much more performance friendlier and lighter ingame because i can remove some stuff below the body... just add the mirrors, hood, flaps, wing, maybe the splitter as own part as debris parts... what do you guys think?

i think the deformation when crashed is enough :)

hum...
I love flying parts and debris, but I understand your point...
go the easy and fastest way to you mate, I loved your works and I will for sure...
at least you can go full "under the body" for some special car...

i think optimal solution would be to have 'crashable' bumper but only lower part (or eventualy even upper part) where head lights are not located would separate from car .. depends on car construction ..
something like this ... with repect of type of car you wanna mod
25943688-Broken-front-bumper-and-bonnet-car-accident--Stock-Photo.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

fiesta_front_missing_bumper_16Nov2013.jpg

main reason is to make the modding easier and faster ;) and the bumpers as no debris is a great excuse for it :D on some cars its nearly impossible to use just the lower part as it would be also unreal too...

I think the desctruction in GSCE breaks the immersion more than it helps it.
A hood that's ejected on contact, A bumper that comes off weirdly...

Once debris plays a role (damaging your tires and so on) it will be an absolute no-go to not add lots of parts that can come off / get ripped off the car. But until then: go ahead, keep the bumper attached to the car :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back