1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Open Wheeler League? Feedback Wanted!

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Club & Leagues' started by Nox, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Formula Vee

2. Formula 3

3. Formula Classic

4. Formula V12

5. Formula Retro

6. Formula Reiza

1. Nox

Staff Premium Member

Now now, hold on to your pants, I'm just interested in some feedback at the moment. This isn't a thread promising a league, this is purely for feedback.

That said, I am interested in knowing which open wheeler car would be people's preference for a league. Please vote, and feel free to leave your comments below on what you'd like to see. All the feedback will be taken into consideration.

Note: Formula Extremes have a bug where they can disappear when hitting 8th gear when on multi-player, so they aren't on the list.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. JeffL

Right on Brother, I hear ya, it's all good. Premium Member

They all look like v12's to me. :D
    • Haha Haha x 2
  3. Calum McLure

Calum McLure
    Did ye, aye? Premium Member

Voted for F-Reiza as I really enjoy driving them and they aren't as challenging as F1 cars in other sims imo.

Wouldn't mind F3 either as they are nice to drive.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Antmerino

Obviously the most fun car of them is formula vee.
    My vote goes to ..... formula vee.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. My vote would be to Formula Classic. Im a fan of the this cars and never had the chance to race them in a League.
    Would be in also to a League on the Retros, and the lower Formulas.

Make no mistake...F V12, F Reiza, F Extreme...all are great Formula 1 Cars and great to drive.
    But we are SimRacing drivers....unfortunately we have to deal with pings, latency and all this stuff. The faster the car is, worse the problem becomes...and usually the race is all but realistic on those cars. Its not good. That´s what I think, anyway.

On this sense, the Formula Classis is pretty much the limit where I can live with in a Online race.
  6. Sri Sri

Sri Sri
    Premium Member

If it is likely to happen, when will the league be? I ask because I will be coming back to simracing only on December. I have voted for the veeeee's. Don't know if I should have voted being a current non premium member, should have asked before casting the vote. Apologies.
  7. Nox

Staff Premium Member

I dont know when, or if, a league would run yet Srinath, I am just collecting feedback.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

If I ever decide to race in a league, I would love to race the Classics. So that's where my vote went.:thumbsup:
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Slalom823

RDTCC S10 Champion Premium Member

I voted for the f3. I think that could be a very fun car for close racing. I think Angelo brings up a good point regarding connections and the fastest cars, and I feel that there may be a better chance for clean and close racing with something less aggressive than the full f1 cars. Of course I almost went for the Vee, as those should be great as well.
  10. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium Member

Well I voted for the Reizas. They are great fun and I love driving them :D

Sorry everyone but my absolute pet hate is those Vee's, just can't get on with them at all. I can understand why people like them but not for me :)
  11. We had a Formula Vee league last year.
    Anyway, Super Karts would be a good choice also. On conventional race tracks, normal ones...is super fun.
    On go kart tracks no.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. SOLO59

Premium Member

I most likely miss this do to work, but every vote counts;)

I wouldn't mind the CART Extreme mod....:whistling:
  13. Nox

Staff Premium Member

I knew there'd be some people asking for stuff that wasn't on the list :roflmao: But seriously, thanks for the feedback so far!
  14. Tal

Premium Member

I voted for the Formula Reiza because it is in my opinion the easiest to control Formula car on the list (Also it produced one of my closest simracing battles with @Yuri who I hope will vote here aswell *ahem*, so I don't know about that latency stuff, seemed to work pretty well that time). Also, about Classics and Retros... people who don't use H shifters I think get an advantage over those who do, seeing as they can shift mid corner much easier, that was my observation on Paul Ricard with the classics anyway... But aside from that, I don't really think a league with the classics is a good Idea. Those cars spin around real fast, and if we get people who havent practiced enough (as we usually do) there will surely be tons of incidents and collateral damage, whereas with the Formula Reizas (in my opinion) you're more likely to get away with it. Of course that doesn't mean that the Reizas don't require practice, by any stretch of the imagination.
    Final note: bare in mind if we go for a fast car the penalties for unsafe driving (which includes not being stable enough to race, or spinning on the start) HAVE to be harsher. There's not a lot of room for error with these cars.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Nox

Staff Premium Member

Well so far the results are pretty close (apart from the V12s) so I think I'm seeing that people just want to race open wheelers, no matter which one :)

Personally I find the Classics much easier to drive than the Reizas, I don't really spin out as much as compared to the Reiza's but that's just me. Whatever car we choose, IF we choose, there'd be a proper penalty system in place don't worry.
  16. Yuri

Yuri 'I get custom nicknames' Kasdorp Premium Member

Reizas would be awesome, but formula 3 would too. The reizas are more injury prone but it is a league so you can expect people to put some efford into it. I voted for the F3 but it's a toss up between the 2.
  17. Mark Breslin

Mark Breslin
    Premium Member

As we've already done the Vee's.
    I've gone for Classic, as like the Retro's they are just a faster version to the Vee's.!! A bit of handful but less setup tweaking required than the Reiza's.!
  18. I would love to race in a Classic league - never seen one before, and the cars are superb!
  19. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

Agree with Nox. The Classics are nice to handle.

Btw I'd be interested in another vote about the favorite weekday a leauge should race on. I see many leagues driving on weekends but I think many people save those two days for their families (at least I do). So an evening during the week could be an option to me.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Nox

Staff Premium Member

Yeah we did run the RD Mini Cooper Challenge on Wednesday nights, so we're open to mid-week leagues, no problem. It'll probably go down to 1) when broadcast staff are available 2) what most drivers want 3) what other leagues are on at the same time at RD. Of course... IF we do this league. There's a lot planned around RD, not sure if and when we can squeeze this in, but I would like to. At the moment I'm thinking Retros; they had good votes, and they are unique to SCE whereas we can race F1 cars almost everywhere. But, we shall see!
    • Like Like x 1