Open source & uncompleted projects

After some requests, this thread is to house and discuss unfinished projects that others would like to pass on and open up for others to complete or view their methodology.

Ground Rules

Posters

• Do not upload uncompleted projects to RaceDepartment. Use a fileshare site, preferably MegaUpload, MediaFire or FileFront.
  • When posting, link to the files and also to the WIP thread if applicable. If you do not have an active WIP thread, please create one.
  • State a rough percentage completion according to your opinion.
  • Make sure to include any important details, such as required XPacks etc. Give as much detail, succintly, as possible, to help the following person to pick up your project easily, such as the direction you felt your track was taking.
  • Projects may not go in the direction imagined, once finalised, however this is the risk you take when posting uncompleted ideas.

Downloaders

• This is not a thread to discuss in detail methodology and problems, please use the WIP forum threads for this.
  • Most importantly, if you do end up releasing a track after completing, make sure you include all credits of the persons involved. Respect others work!

Is anyone interested in picking up Durban?
Currently, most of the roads are in place and a lot of the road markings are done. Track merging isn't very good, that will need some work.
There are barriers all around the track.
The pit garages are done as well, you will definitely like them. :)
Most of the curbs are in place, and I've modified the texture to be more like the real thing.

The reason I'm considering posting it here is because it hasn't turned out as well as Beijing and Lippo, and I don't want to start again.

Garages:

Curbs:

:fwd: Additional idea: maybe also worth it to put this suggestion in the Modding section of F1Classic Kyle, (also in the thread of the old Durban that was never released), fair chance of someone picking it up from there sooner or later.

On F1Classic there are a few members (Slimjim, Beemer, nh racing etc) who CAN be trusted. Beemer in particular helped me with the sounds for the A1GP 2008/09 mod.
I can't trust the majority of the members at F1C though.. They may take the WIP and claim it as their own. People here won't do that AFAIK.
Therefore it will remain here unfortunately, unless you can recommend someone from F1C who may have time?

quote="ed_jza80, post: 758898, member: 9694"]Eds Parramatta Park 1952 GP. Dry and Wet Circuits. 95% there...

Hey guys...

some of you might remember my BETA release of parramatta park. it went viral for a little while when i first let the BETA go, and got downloaded a couple of thousand times off my server! LOL.

imho, this track had/has the potential to be the next 'Longford', both in terms of depth of texture, and immersion and play environment. the track is difficult and dangerous (yay for 1950's racing!) and a true pleasure to push a car around.

I really just dont have the time to spend on this to get it finished! Id really really love to, but it just doesnt seem to get off the ground again. Based on feedback from some of the threads i read with people playing the BETA release, it really does deserve a good finish, and a formal release, so PLEASE HELP ME!!

I can certainly give a hand in getting this finished, i have heaps of onsite images to help with any further textures, theres 2 building models that need to go in, and a general tidy up. or you can really get carried away with it! thats up to the inspirartion of those who pick up the torch!

It really would be a shame not to see this get a final release, so here she is!
Original WIP thread here:
http://www.racedepartment.com/bobs-...5-parramatta-park-1952-gp-2-mile-circuit.html
cheers
ed[/quote]

G'day Ed & anyone else reading this.
Has anyone else decided to take a crack at finishing this little beauty?
I can only take it as far as BTB will allow though, so if it needs more work afterwards someone else will need to take over.
I've started finishing off an intersection, some terrain & the main road adjacent to the park as well as doing some/an alternate AIW's for the bike circuit.
I'm not stepping on anyone else's toes in taking this on am I?
Lastly, I've been slowly learning SketchUp, would you have some images of those two buildings please Ed & some reference as to where they go please?

thanks for the link raido, haven't seen it before :whistling:

by the way, I've planed to add a night and a winter version of my Apricot Hill Raceway. But it seems that I'm running out of time to finish that.
Anyone interested?
Thanks in advance

1985 SS11 SAALAHTI (CITTA ´DI SANREMO) THE RALLY OF 1000 LAKES:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fs05zyk3p2etdcx/r5CthqnFDn

RaceDepartment WIP topic:
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/1985-ss11-saalahti-the-rally-of-1000-lakes-wip.53857/

You must respect rules of RaceDepartment, Open source & uncompleted projects, threat.
Respect others work and ideas!

LIDAR (pointcloud, .LAS, ASC) data included, that data is future technic to make detailed tracks. Now i release materials to rally track 1985 SS11 SAALAHTI. Project is very beginning.
Lets solve proplems and communicate project progress shortly. Then project keep going and no-one do overlapping progress ;) Take contact with private message and add your email in first message. Email is easyer way to continue conversation.

2011-09-19gpsvisualizerae.jpg

Link includes
- lidar data
- zaxxon method
- asc files
- gps data
- photos
- videos
- maps
- route maps
- programs

More information follows shortly. Thanks for watching ;)

Here is my little contribution to this thread, 5 BTB proyects, stages from Spain (malaga-Mijas), real roads of Rally Mijas 2009 with Zaxxon Method and MTD05 elevation data.

You can do what you want, I want to make the entire Rally but it will take a lot of time, you can export and upload your version if you want.

they are sketches, that is what Zaxxon method brings to you if you use MTD05 elevation data.

http://www.mediafire.com/?lqzqd29k1947wl2

Is anyone interested in picking up Durban?
Currently, most of the roads are in place and a lot of the road markings are done. Track merging isn't very good, that will need some work.
There are barriers all around the track.
The pit garages are done as well, you will definitely like them. :)
Most of the curbs are in place, and I've modified the texture to be more like the real thing.

The reason I'm considering posting it here is because it hasn't turned out as well as Beijing and Lippo, and I don't want to start again.

Garages:

Curbs:

Hello, just found your project on another website as megaupload got shut down ages ago. I just wanted to ask how you did the elevation and camber changes in the first sector, did you have a data source or was all done by perspective?

I've only tweaked the AI and added random trackside camera's so far so I could drive around it to see what it was like, and uploaded a video so others can see what I'm refering to.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 74 12.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 53 8.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 6.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 90 14.9%