Open GT Championship - General Discussion

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you guys know that lSd Racing is making preperation to kick of a new GTR2 series on the forums here.
With about 2 years experience of hosting GTR2 leagues with custom build Balance of Performances, we are working on bringing you the Open GT championship on sunday evenings.
The series will consist of various vanilla cars from the NGT, G3 and G2 classes, all tweaked to bring them all on a similar performing level and bring close racing!
Teams will be able field 2 entries for the fight for the championship as well as a team championship.
Raceformat wise we are looking at a minimum of 1 1hour race or longer.

If you are interested in taking part in this series, let us know via this topic!

All RD Rules apply!
Drivers are free to choose witchever car they wish for this testrace

Test race Open GT - 22-04-2012

18:00 GMT+1: Official Practice - 60 Minutes
19:00 GMT+1: Qaulifying - 50 Minutes
19:50 GMT+1: Warmup - 10 Minutes
20:00 GMT+1: Race - 60 Minutes

Servername: RD Open GT by lSd

Signups:

1. Davy Lauwereys
2. Steven Pubols

TIP IF YOU CANNOT REACH THE LOBBY INGAME (thx Ghovand!)

-go to youre GTR2 Game Folder,
-go to the folder LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.TXTfile and open with notepad
-remove the line gtr2server1.gtr-evolution.com and write down ''file.bier-buden.de''.
-GTR2 go to Internet and press Register and make a new account as youre current one won't work anymore.

All RD Rules apply!
Drivers are free to choose witchever car they wish for this testrace

Test race Open GT - 22-04-2012

18:00 GMT+1: Official Practice - 60 Minutes
19:00 GMT+1: Qaulifying - 50 Minutes
19:50 GMT+1: Warmup - 10 Minutes
20:00 GMT+1: Race - 60 Minutes

Servername: RD Open GT by lSd

Signups:

1. Davy Lauwereys
2. Steven Pubols
3. Martin Nissen

TIP IF YOU CANNOT REACH THE LOBBY INGAME (thx Ghovand!)

-go to youre GTR2 Game Folder,
-go to the folder LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.TXTfile and open with notepad
-remove the line gtr2server1.gtr-evolution.com and write down ''file.bier-buden.de''.
-GTR2 go to Internet and press Register and make a new account as youre current one won't work anymore.

remember these test are not only of benefit to drivers! They help us to analyze the cars performances... so while good that testing happens offline by drivers, we do urge you guys to be at the test races aswell so we have extra data to work with and get the balance just right before we start the season.

hi davy,

i did test quick C5 and vertigo.
with C5 and 80litres med med, i did drive 1.57.high in dubai and with vertigo only 1.59.mid, and i had much more high speed to in C5 too (not sure, but around 10-15kmh for sure)

question about tyres:
i saw, that you did make new tyres for cars, 1xset michelin 1xset pirelli and 1xset dunlops,
can you tell me, what you did change to orginal tyres? and if no changes are, from what tyres do you take this tyres?
in orginal gtr2 the michelin are best, then comes pirelli and the dunlops are the worst? tyres.
but i saw that the cars have equal HP and weigths with different tyres, so i have strong feeling that the michelin cars will be favourite.

is there a possibility to see the changes which you did for each car to orginal??
would save myself many times to test and watch many files.
i am little unhappy that i do not have so much time to test all cars exactly, i did in past own carpacks balance a lot, so i know how much time this take to change the files and then do make tests and tests and then same again and again.
hard work you people will have to balance carpack .

hope the calender will be good for me, that i can do any races.

servus

Ok, first off all, lets try to get rid of this misconception that "Michelin Am bestest tyre", a very popular one for sure, but nevertheless, i'll continue to fight it lol
There is no"best" tyre in GTR2, thats like saying one specific setup for a car is "the best" wich we all know is rubbish as everyone has their own drvingstyle

This is qouted directly out of the GTR Engineers handbook :

SimBin Dev Team:

Dunlop:
Most forgiving, heats up quickly, more low-speed grip with higher fall off at high loads.Needs most camber of the bunch. Softest spring rate. Medium wear. Highest rolling drag.Peak temperature of 99C.

Michelin:
The most precise tyre. Needs least amount of camber. Heats up relatively quickly (but abit more slowly than the Dunlops). Features average grip with low fall off at high loads.Stiffest tyre with highest spring rate. Lowest rolling drag. Best wear. Peak temperature of 99C. Probably the fastest over long runs.

Pirelli:
Highest base grip once it gets up to temperature. This is the most sensitive tyre to tem-perature, so it feels like it takes a bit longer to warm up. Medium rolling drag, mediumstiffness spring rate. Worst wear. Peak temperature of 105C.

The tyres are default GTR2 tyres, but named differently to allow to customize in later seasons if need be.

Re the balancing, well as you say yourself, one doesn't balance a variety of cars, the likes of our field in one night ;) i was pritty clear that this is just the first build, it's still a work in progress atm, hence the value of these sort of races, the cars should all already be in the same ballpark, it's just a matter of finetuning everything.

But one must remember the nature of GT racing, not every car will the exact same topspeed, or will use up fuel the same way, this isn't cupracing, and as such the balance will be made, it is up to the teams and drivers to make maximum use of the strenghts of the car they are fielding.

As the request of the files, honestly, no mate... that would be such a hassle for me,it wouldn't even be funny lol, i couldn't even tell you what exactly was altered upto now... when i'm focussing on a car, i edit, drive it, edit, drive it, until i'm happy with what i want to achieve, sometimes swapping out an entire physics set to get a better understanding and feel.... if i had to write each thing down, it would take double the time to get something done!

Just bear with us mate, we are a racing team aswell afterall, and we do what we do so we can race in a fair close competition, and we've proven to be able to deliver that in the past,so give us a couple of weeks to finetune ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back