Open GT Championship - General Discussion

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you guys know that lSd Racing is making preperation to kick of a new GTR2 series on the forums here.
With about 2 years experience of hosting GTR2 leagues with custom build Balance of Performances, we are working on bringing you the Open GT championship on sunday evenings.
The series will consist of various vanilla cars from the NGT, G3 and G2 classes, all tweaked to bring them all on a similar performing level and bring close racing!
Teams will be able field 2 entries for the fight for the championship as well as a team championship.
Raceformat wise we are looking at a minimum of 1 1hour race or longer.

If you are interested in taking part in this series, let us know via this topic!

Thats a shame Philip :( Unfortunatly due to our work shedules, there is really only sunday evening (and thats sunday morning for our mate, Steven :) ) that we are able to hold our leagues...

Oscar, good to see more pilots popping up :) do spread the word guys ;)
I'm currently trying to set out what i want to put up on the forums atm, but tommorow i'll be looking at releasing a first build, with a few of the cars that i'm more or less happy with to hold a club event with this coming sunday.

A small poll to see what sort of race format would be most favored.

Keep in mind, fuelcells are at the moment designed to take 80litres and run between 45 to 55 ish minutes depending on wich car on a full tank. This is done so that even in 1 hour races a pitstop will be needed, and to hopefully bring more strategy by the teams into the races. This offcourse would become even more important incase of the longer race formats

Thats great Davy.

Is the C5R modded in the current build? I'll do some running in that (my likely 1st choice car) to get up to speed at Spa. If your Morgan is doing 2:23.9's, I'll see what I can do.

I need to get my GTR2 back upto race spec anyway, only just reinstalled, havnt got XD installed yet.

These are GT cars we're driving, not WTCC cars, they're built for enduros, 3-24 hour races.

That said, even if we have 1 hour 30 - 2 hour races we could have 1 or 2 special events during the season, like 3 hours at Le Mans, or a night race at Spa, it shakes things up.

As long as we have a juicy qually 45m to 1 hour, and a min 1 hour 30m race. I'm happy.

Hey guys,

I'll be helping Davy out with this league where I can. It will probably be mostly behind the scene stuff as Davy is much better with the forums than I am.

So yeah, I'm looking forward to this championship and hope we can put together a good league for you guys.

:D
Also the man who provides teams/drivers with LHD for the Nissan 350Z ;)

So it's basically alot more sluggish to handle but the power is the same?
Power output is around 500BHP as i said, but it's still pritty much a corvette to drive, probably abit more refined then the C5R, but still very much a muscle car with a big honking heavy engine in the front ;)
The basis we start from when we do our physics for mod like this, is that online play comes first, and we are willing to sacrifice some "realism" when it comes to numbers, in order to create a varied yet balanced field, where someone can pick a car and fight for the win ,provided his drivingstyle gels with the choosen car can't drive a ferrari the way you would a corvette...

For the RD Open GT, we will be using simsync for all mandatory files needed for the series.

Many of you have used this software before, some have not. Here is a guide for all users:

1) Create a clean install of GTR2

2) Name the root folder "RDGTR2LSD"

3) Copy across any Userdata files that you need from a previous install of rFactor

e.g Controller files, PLR files etc......

4) Download the RD Simsync Pro Software

5) Download the series .ini : http://www.mediafire.com/?92jzif3nvh44xsp

6) Extract the two files into your "RDGTR2LSD" folder

7) Run the Simsync Pro application and select the Open GT by lSd box and then click start

- If the Sync asks for a password : 1stbuild
- If it asks you to update when opening, please select yes and allow the software to update
- If English is not your preferred language there is a choice of 8 other languages in the options tab.
- If you get an error, please click options>prefer main server>start

A first informal meeting :)
All RD Rules apply!
Drivers are free to choose witchever car they wish for this testrace

Test race Open GT - 15-04-2012

18:00 GMT+1: Open Practice

Servername: RD Open GT by lSd

Signups:

1. Davy Lauwereys
2. Steven Pubols
3. Martin Nissen
4. Bob Miley

There a few things still to sort out, like give the BMW and Corvette the correct tyrewall markings, and the TVR isn't in it yet either, but those are details atm, and shouldn't really matter for a first introduction to the cars :)

TIP IF YOU CANNOT REACH THE LOBBY INGAME (thx Ghovand!)

-go to youre GTR2 Game Folder,
-go to the folder LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.TXTfile and open with notepad
-remove the line gtr2server1.gtr-evolution.com and write down ''file.bier-buden.de''.
-GTR2 go to Internet and press Register and make a new account as youre current one won't work anymore.

ohh, everyone do this go to youre GTR2 Game Folder, and go to the folder LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.TXT step 2. remove the line gtr2server1.gtr-evolution.com and write down ''file.bier-buden.de''. step 3 run GTR2 go to Local Internet and press Register and make a new account as youre current one won't work anymore.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 322 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 456 39.3%