Resource icon

Cars Opel Manta S1 1.0a

Login or Register an account to download this content
I never tested the car on the keyboard, thanks to this update will update the test procedure
I'm surprised that people playing on the SW did not notice this. This is very worrying. This makes one doubt the accuracy of the game with the SW. Cause in real life you will notice immediately if the car pulls to the side.

I'm surprised that people playing on the SW did not notice this. This is very worrying. This makes one doubt the accuracy of the game with the SW. Cause in real life you will notice immediately if the car pulls to the side.
well, you will notice, but its a matter of holding the wheel at ~5°, you get used to it fast. On a keyboard I assume it would be much more noticeable nedding you to tap left/right all the time

0.8 degreess ,probably no men on this planet to feel difrences on sw. But this is a terrible mistake, the suspension will be updated.

On a keyboard this is so obvious as the centering is off and the car steers into a turn at all times.
With a steering wheel you instinctively will correct for it, not realizing it if it is not that far off that your steering wheel is completely askew.

On a car with low and stiff racing suspension this would be MUCH more obvious though as you will feel it clearly.

Funnily just recently someone bumped into the front left wheel of our car which was parked in an underground garage.
The bump was strong enough to nick the wheels paint which I got repaired and ever so slightly must have knocked the steering rod out of alignment, knocking out the left front toe just a touch.

The dealer technician could not feel it on a test drive, I could as the car wandered ever so slightly to one side.
I insisted on an entire all wheel alignment and the issue was fixed

When you drive something for the very first time, your senses are still overwhelmed, so you don't necessarily pick up all nuances. If it is something you drive every day, you pick up on it the moment you leave the parking lot and have a even straight piece of road to feel it.

On a keyboard this is so obvious as the centering is off and the car steers into a turn at all times.
With a steering wheel you instinctively will correct for it, not realizing it if it is not that far off that your steering wheel is completely askew.

On a car with low and stiff racing suspension this would be MUCH more obvious though as you will feel it clearly.

Funnily just recently someone bumped into the front left wheel of our car which was parked in an underground garage.
The bump was strong enough to nick the wheels paint which I got repaired and ever so slightly must have knocked the steering rod out of alignment, knocking out the left front toe just a touch.

The dealer technician could not feel it on a test drive, I could as the car wandered ever so slightly to one side.
I insisted on an entire all wheel alignment and the issue was fixed

When you drive something for the very first time, your senses are still overwhelmed, so you don't necessarily pick up all nuances. If it is something you drive every day, you pick up on it the moment you leave the parking lot and have a even straight piece of road to feel it.
Dealers are the most insensitive creatures. They never feel anything. The answer always the same, everything is in order no problems found.

It was the shop floor manager and basically they were about to decline making a suspension alignment job for profit.
I had the impression that he genuinely just didn't feel it and there is nothing strange about that I think.
It is just one of those subtle things you pick up when you drive a car every day.

It is the same thing when you hear some faint clicking noise in your car no-one else can hear and you find a coin someone has lost, clicking against a seat rail cover - ever had one of those sounds drive you crazy for days ;-)

It was the shop floor manager and basically they were about to decline making a suspension alignment job for profit.
I had the impression that he genuinely just didn't feel it and there is nothing strange about that I think.
It is just one of those subtle things you pick up when you drive a car every day.

It is the same thing when you hear some faint clicking noise in your car no-one else can hear and you find a coin someone has lost, clicking against a seat rail cover - ever had one of those sounds drive you crazy for days ;-)
On our shattered roads, it always knocks and creaks. Especially in my Honda.

No, I do not play with a keyboard.

I set up cars and suspension geometry for cars in AC on a near daily basis and I notice these things immediately. Aside from that issue I was rather impressed with how well the author got live axle suspension working, my experiences working with it have been a struggle as it feels like the game isn't implementing it very well, it's so sensitive to the most ridiculous things that wouldn't be possible in real life.

No, I do not play with a keyboard.

I set up cars and suspension geometry for cars in AC on a near daily basis and I notice these things immediately. Aside from that issue I was rather impressed with how well the author got live axle suspension working, my experiences working with it have been a struggle as it feels like the game isn't implementing it very well, it's so sensitive to the most ridiculous things that wouldn't be possible in real life.
Yea its far from real:D:roflmao::D:roflmao:

One more touch to your awesome mod. I noticed that suspension flickering and glittering like if it was chrome or polished steel. The reason for this is that it doesnt has maps and has a KsPerPixelReflection shader. While cars from assetto have a KsPerPixelMultimap shader and maps.

Last edited:
Working on live axle
@AccAkut -front susp fixed, footmatts reduced by 75%
@Dirk Steffen-dirty windows upgraded,new rim material
@homecalendar- upgrade some material
Upgraded chrome material,rim,body and exhaust

Attachments

• fix1.jpg
    fix1.jpg
    526.8 KB · Views: 275
been in quite a few of these , and answering the question from the ratings ,
yes these cars are ****ing blistering fast ....

:rolleyes: file not found :rolleyes:

proTyres: CAR: zs_opel_manta, Vintage GT70 (V70)
proTyres: INI: FRONT, REAR, THERMAL_FRONT
proTyres: CURVE: apps/python/proTyres/cars_mod/zs_opel_manta/tcurve_street.lut
proTyres: WEAR: apps/python/proTyres/cars_mod/zs_opel_manta/semislicks_front.lut
proTyres: ERROR 'apps/python/proTyres/cars_mod/zs_opel_manta/semislicks_front.lut'
proTyres: ERROR Wear lut curve file not found

:rolleyes: file not found :rolleyes:

proTyres: CAR: zs_opel_manta, Vintage GT70 (V70)
proTyres: INI: FRONT, REAR, THERMAL_FRONT
proTyres: CURVE: apps/python/proTyres/cars_mod/zs_opel_manta/tcurve_street.lut
proTyres: WEAR: apps/python/proTyres/cars_mod/zs_opel_manta/semislicks_front.lut
proTyres: ERROR 'apps/python/proTyres/cars_mod/zs_opel_manta/semislicks_front.lut'
proTyres: ERROR Wear lut curve file not found
file on data.acd,tyre temp work fine, maybe i send wrong rar,test it

file on data.acd,tyre temp work fine, maybe i send wrong rar,test it
wrong parameter in tyres.ini

You have
[FRONT] and [REAR]
WEAR_CURVE = semislicks_front.lut

The semislicks_front.lut is not in the data.acd

[THERMAL_FRONT] and [THERMAL_REAR]
PERFORMANCE_CURVE = tcurve_street.lut

The tcurve_semislicks.lut is not in the data.acd

In the data.acd is