Opel 1900 GT / Opel Kadett @ Portland 1970 - Tuesday Aug 17th 2010

Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
flyergtc76.jpg

Servername: RD GTL Racing Club
Class: Race1: Opel 1900 GT / Race2: Opel Kadett (Both versions of the Kadett may be used)
Track: Portland 1970
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min (1 timed lap only)
Race: 2 x 18 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins included with mods only.

My Setups:

Attachments

• CD1900GT.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 310
  • CDKadett.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 309
Had a nice fight with Hans throughout the whole first race. Unfortunately, I locked up once at T1, and hit him, sorry!
Didn't really have the courage to try to pass, so we were riding together most of the time. In the end, he was 0.3s in front :)

Hmmmm.... seemed to be some problems with entering the lobby this evening. I tried several times but got the same no connection message. Eventually joined and all seemed well, until race2 lap 16 when I had a freeze followed by CTD - my first in 2 years of GTL :confused:

Hope everyone managed to avoid me as I was on the fastest part of the track and seemed to hang around for 15-20 seconds.

Good racing tonight.

Sorry to Eck for the bump at the start of the second race, I got a flyer for once while you got bogged down, I swerved to miss you but just caught your corner. I lifted off to let you pass but there were cars everywhere then and didn`t want to cause anymore trouble.

Thanks for the races this game is so much fun.

Couldn't do anything in the Kadett. Was very slow, barely got into high 1:21s.

Better start in race 2, plus some issues at the front meant that I was on P5 after the first couple of corners.
At first, I was stunned by this rare and unnatural phenomenon. But then it dawned to me that I did not belong there.
Didn't want to slow people down too much, so I pushed more than I was able to, missed the corner, and slid across the grass. Luckily, everyone managed to avoid me, sorry about that.

After that, just held onto the wheel, and waited for the race to end. Hans was close behind me this time, there was some panic in the air. I spun, and he went by me. I guess he hit Tudor at the end, so I regained the position. Had no idea what happened at the time, bad luck there...

Sorry to Eck for the bump at the start of the second race

You bumped me?. Next time, keep quiet... I had no idea... Anyhoo, its me who should be apologising. I had no idea what peeps were using for start, so watched my mirror. Both times, causing nothing but trouble. Sorry all.

A most heartfelt apology, to Ralf. Twice, I hit him into spin. Sorry Ralf, entirely my fault.

So, my report card. It'd probably say, could do better. Being fast is little consolation, when I can't finish a race. I'm a complete and utter.... You use whatever noun you like, don't forget to use a well chosen expletive too. It might even make you feel better....

Had a nice fight with Hans throughout the whole first race. Unfortunately, I locked up once at T1, and hit him, sorry!
Didn't really have the courage to try to pass, so we were riding together most of the time. In the end, he was 0.3s in front :)

No problem Senad, had a great evening tonight nice fight with you, I think that you had long gears on the GT so you close in on the straits I had short gear so faster out the corners,but big fun it was.

Kadett,had a great start but the fast guys did not take long to pass ( push) me out of the way lol,again a good fight with Senad ,when Tudor had hid freeze I was on full speed managed to go by but a wheel on the grass an slipped of that way you passed me.

Finished both races on p8 ,no big mistakes an a lot of Fun..

Thanks Carlos good event again:good:
Going next week on Holiday for 3 weeks to France,so have some good races :thumbup:

See You in time:No:computer:but:island:

Had a superb enjoyable race 1 right behind Dariusz, nice driving mate. Second third of that race Eck closed up way faster than both of us. He kept patience behind me when I was an obstacle for him, thanks for that, until... But no worries mate. It's been the first contact through all the races I took part which is an outstanding average for RD events.

I'ld like to say something in common. We're all matures and so are the cars. Let's keep the habit don't make any contact. If there's no room to overtake stay behind. Don't scratch these beautiful cars. The whole race is much more enjoyable when following a fellow racer nose to ***.

Thanks again for the race n the event, hope to see you guys next Thursday

Found the opel1900 comfortable and I had a relatively clean run. I used advise from Bob H... drive clean and not worry about speed. I had fun trying to catch Hans and Senad, even if they didn't know it. I was lapped by only one car and that could have been prevented if I hadn't shifted into First grear instead of Third on a corner. I did say earlier ..relatively clean run. Race 2 was not good. I never adjusted quickly enough to the Kadett and it bit me several times, so I was never in a groove. Hats off to Bob Miley for his sportmanship.:doublethumb: I won't go into details but his attitude is what makes these events fun and less stressful than they could be.

I bumped Eck too,( in race 2, I believe) but I 'm not saying a thing.

Great events Carlos. I like the idea of using the same cars for several events.

Well, I'm pretty ashamed about both races. In both races I hit my pal Bob.
Race 1 he had a small squable with another car and then I finished him off and spun him.
Then in Race 2...
I tend to run my brake pressure very low in the Kadett to prevent locking up the brakes. Since I use a pad and not pedals, it's easier for me to overdo it and lock them up. But this means that now my braking distance is longer than it would normally be.
I was right on Bob's tail coming into T1, missed my usual braking point by just a hair and then realized that as soon as Bob hits the brakes, I would be sitting on his rear bumper. So in a moment of panic I chose to go to the wrong side to avoid hitting him. I went right when I should have gone left to be sure that I would clear him. But I went right and soon Bob was out of my viewable area, so I kept on going towards the right until I ran out of space. I ended up on the grass, which meant that now I am sliding instead of stopping, and ran right into Bob for the second time. Luckily, he was able to stay on the track. Sorry mate.

Other than that, I did enjoy driving these cars in Portland which is one of my favourite tracks.

Next up is Watkins Glen, see you all there.

Thanks to all who showed up tonight, your attendance is never taken for granted. :thumb:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back