Opel 1900 GT / Opel Kadett @ Castle Combe Chicane - Tuesday Aug 10th 2010

Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
flyergtc76.jpg

Servername: RD GTL Racing Club
Class: Race1: Opel 1900 GT / Race2: Opel Kadett (Both versions of the Kadett may be used)
Track: Castle Combe Chicane
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min (1 timed lap only)
Race: 2 x 22 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins included with mods only.

My Setups:

Attachments

• CD1900GT.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 243
  • CDKadett.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 246
Then someone - I think it was Knut who send me again to grass but he waited so no problem there. Then I pushed down to the finish.

Yeah you were lagging a bit. At one instance you were some distance ahead, suddenly you were right in front of me and then you disappeared and after a while I saw you in my mirrors. I didn't hear or feel any crash, but I'm glad I stopped now:D Sorry mate

Oh not again :frown: This connection is going to kill me, and someone else with me :(

Sorry folks for lagging if it won't improve I will be forced to stop racing, it's not fun lagging all over the place.

Senad - You didn't disturbed me at all.

If on thursday situation remains the same with me lagging, I don't see any other option then suspend my starts.

Oh not again :frown: This connection is going to kill me, and someone else with me :(

Sorry folks for lagging if it won't improve I will be forced to stop racing, it's not fun lagging all over the place.

Senad - You didn't disturbed me at all.

If on thursday situation remains the same with me lagging, I don't see any other option then suspend my starts.

Is it only in GTL, or in all games? Can you try another ISP?

I think it's only GTL in my previous Race, Rfactor, Iracing events no one reported me as lagging.

I always set my connection bandwidth to ISDN is it ok?

Firstly I used 2MB DSL over WiFi - I'm sitting in 1st floor - as it caused problem, I was suspecting other computers in network to steal my bandwidth I switched to UMTS connection with speed of 1MB which is used only by my computer but it seems it's not helping.

Today I got an antenna to my UMTS modem - will try it, I'll be on GTL server earlier on Thursday to check out the situation.

Only programs that are running during race are GTL and NOD antivirus.

Myabe I also try to switch of my antyvir during the race.

@Senad - I don't have many options regarding ISP, it's not my home I only rent a room there so it's pretty temporary location for me. To put it another way, I'm not 100% sure I will live there in a month.

Race report:
Quali went well, in race 1, inside the top ten. Got a good start but there seemed to be some confusion upfront, now reading the posts found it was Peter slowing I think, anyway by T1 upto 3rd but going through first chicane following Dariuzs I hit him, after watching the replay found Dariuzs had clipped the posts on the left on exit which kinder stalled his car for a moment which at the time I thought was lag, sorry for that tap Dariuzs as I couldn't avoid it being so close at the time. Now into second, as I didn't stop at the time thinking it wasn't my fault, I now had Tim behind me but he soon disapeared. I then noticed Steve was now in 3rd and expected him to close down the gap so we can then have a battle royal. This wasn't to be as he also through it away hitting a kerb. The gap was now quite big so all I had to do was drive clean and bring it home as Ralf had too bigger lead to close down.

Race 2, very poor quali this time spining at the first chicane, 15th I think, so at the back of the field. Made a great start getting by several cars before T1. Settled in behind Stu & had some great laps fighting with him while also trying to avoid back markers and people spining. It was brought to my attention after the race that I caused Carlos to go off. I knew you were there as I was following Stu at the time when you concided the final corner Carlos. As I followed Stu, drafting him I drifted out which seemed to cause you some issues, saw you going off track in my rear view, but as I didn't feel anything at the time thought you just had a moment. If it was me Carlos, I am sorry for this and didn't mean to force you off track mate. Now back to the racing, after sometime following Stu never being able to get a clean run or pass made, Stu locks up going into T1 and goes wide which lets me through on lap 13. I now have Knut ahead & try to catch him which I thought was not going to be possible. But as Knut made a couple of small mistakes I managed to get close to him, one more mistake and I get by. Then we have a great few laps together but I go wide and Knut goes back through again. Meanwhile as the laps are counting down Eck goes to inspect the length of the grass which puts him behind me and for the last 3 or 4 laps I have Eck putting the pressure on me & me trying to get back on terms with Knut. Eck dosen't do anything foolish & I was going to bring it home in 6th but on the last lap, last corner Knut gets a connection issue and freezes, I just manage to spot this and go round him so 5th it was.

Thanks goes to Carlos for bringing these 2 great Cars to new series, also for puttng up a great track, cheers mate. Grts goes to Ralf on both wins, great driving there but most of all thanks to all the drivers that showed up to make it a great nights club racing. See you guys next week for even more thrilling & close racing.

Don't worry about that nudge Bob, I know you weren't even aware that you slightly touched me. Not like you were keeping me from the podium or anything, I can't drive these cars as well as I would like lol.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 161 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 279 13.5%