Opel 1900 GT / Opel Kadett @ Castle Combe Chicane - Tuesday Aug 10th 2010

Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
flyergtc76.jpg

Servername: RD GTL Racing Club
Class: Race1: Opel 1900 GT / Race2: Opel Kadett (Both versions of the Kadett may be used)
Track: Castle Combe Chicane
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min (1 timed lap only)
Race: 2 x 22 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins included with mods only.

My Setups:

Attachments

• CD1900GT.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 243
  • CDKadett.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 246
i detected a little bit of 'lag' on this track. Could have been due to my pc but I never seen something like this offline.

Perhaps due to the happy marshals round the track: (I didn't edit this capture)

CastleCombeChicMarshall.jpg

I don't know if they were this happy 2 seconds after this shot was taken... The Kadett can be itchy when braking in the corner

1st race:
Messed it up totally! First of all sorry guys, I didn't notice quali was one lap only so I ran 2. When I noticed that I wanted to exit and re-enter but there was no time. Then I decided to let everyone pass me after start by pulling out to the left in T1. Got a S&G to that in addition as I forgot the start procedure of GTL since I last raced and I jumped the start... then came in to the pits and didn't know what's going on. Anyways I left, and got another S&G, then another next lap. It was very frustrating, so I decided to DNF and look in the GTL thread for help. lol just in time I know.

A bit of jumpy return for me to the GTL racing club, but lets hope the second race will be better:)

That, was the muts... the dogs... it was simply spot on. I had the usual controller issues but when they let me, I was quite quick. Not anywhere near as quick, as the 1.00, done in practice. Something was definitely afoot, there.
Two races, two midfield (and lucky to get them) finishes.

Grats to the podiums, well done gents.
Thanks to all, for a great evening. Thanks also to Stu, Carlos and RD, a great event, I look forward to another/the next.

Nice event again
R1 at start I was a bit uncertain whether it's been a formation lap but was just a quick start which'd given me a few seconds gap right away. R2 felt the hot breathing of Knut for the first half followed by Dariusz for second half of the race.
Hope to see you all next Thursday

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years