1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Oooh, new forum

Discussion in 'Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo' started by Blkout, Mar 31, 2015.

1. But seriously, I hope this turns out be a great rally game. We're overdue for a really good one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

What game? Link?:whistling::whistling:

3. Andrew

Andrew
    Global Moderator Staff Premium Member

Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo.. new forum....;)

4. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

Link doesn't work.....;)

5. Andrew

Andrew
    Global Moderator Staff Premium Member

6. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

I have extremely low hopes for this game. Granted, they had some nice stuff in the 2-wheeled games, but none of the WRC games was anything to cheer for.
    They will also include RX because that is getting popular, and (the most famous RX tracks around the world), then showing of a tarmac-track. Nah.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. a decent rally game is well over due.nothing has come close to rbr so lets hope they do a gd job but if last few trys are anything to go by then dont look good

8. Michael Nelson

Michael Nelson
    Premium Member

I don't know, but for some reason I'm hopeful for this game, despite not enjoying WRC 4. If they get the FFB right (which they haven't yet) it could be sweet. That said, the Sweden screenshots look amazing, but the Wales' has massive grass run-off, which implies the game may be a bit too forgiving. All their interviews seem to stress the simulation aspect though, so I dunno, it could be good.

I certainly won't be pre-ordering though.

9. What makes me wonder is it's a handful of months til release, but no ingame footage. Heck, pretty much all we've seen and heard about is how accurate and detailed (right down to every last pebble, snow flake, blade of grass) the tracks are. If they had "the goods" I'd think they'd make sure everyone knew about it and make sure they don't forget up until release.

The other thing is how much of those 250km's and how many of those 60+ cars will actually be in the game and not DLC? I don't mind DLC for the most part if it's additional content. But I can't stand it when developers say, "oh yeah, we have tons of this and that in the game", and it turns out that at least half of "this and that" is only available as DLC.

10. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

My experience with this group is that they have a very impressive marketing ability. Unfortunately, the product never matches the "impressive" hype.
    However, we shouldn't pre-judge, but let's wait and see the finished product. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

I really hope it's good. Sim-rallying needs a decent modern platform.

Just watched the videos on the steam page, The second video really made me chuckle. "...as they say, beauty is in the details and every detail of this game is masterfully crafted, like the logo for example. [tell me about the logo]" :D

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ricoow

Ricoow
    420 Premium Member

A lyric by Shania Twain comes to mind after seeing the screenshots.
    "So you got the looks, but have you got the touch" :p

13. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Embarrassingly, Backmarker Champion 2015 & 2016 Staff Premium Member

I really want a game with modern physics, graphics and FFB but with stages like the game
    Mobil 1 Rally Championship had. Even if some of them were DLC it would be worth it.
    Now that would be a rally game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I know some may be turned off by the Rallycross, but, Rally racing is all about mixed surfaces, Tarmac, Snow, Dirt, Rain, Puddles, Desert,Tarmac with a mix of Dirt and Puddles.
    Rallycross is indeed famous, but so is Hoonigan. Rallycross is pretty much a Motocross course but with cars involved and as said before, mixed driving surfaces.

15. Folk race would be fun also. Slower cars and it´s illegal not to have car contact in the corners ;)

16. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

RX might be a "Motocross course" over in the US, but RX is nothing like that in Europe... But it might become it...
    But there are way too many differences between RX and Rally for Milestone to make it feel real when they do it combined...

• Agree Agree x 1