Only 1 live Grand Prix FTA in UK from 2019

It says "Sky will carry every race live on its subscription-only F1 channel." I don't live in the UK. Curious what the fees are for this service. Also, is there some other channel that will carry the other races?

In the US, I have a subscription to a cable TV service, and hope that my package includes all the proper ESPN channels. For the remainder of the season, only the USGP and Mexico GP races are shown on the free broadcast ABC network. All the rest are some ESPN network. Even with my package, which includes ESPN and ESPN2, I still miss everything on ESPN3, ESPNU, and ESPNNews, which accounts for over half of the practice sessions and the Brazilian GP Qualifying. I can always watch a delayed stream on the ESPN app, which is free with my cable service.

It says "Sky will carry every race live on its subscription-only F1 channel." I don't live in the UK. Curious what the fees are for this service. Also, is there some other channel that will carry the other races?

In the US, I have a subscription to a cable TV service, and hope that my package includes all the proper ESPN channels. For the remainder of the season, only the USGP and Mexico GP races are shown on the free broadcast ABC network. All the rest are some ESPN network. Even with my package, which includes ESPN and ESPN2, I still miss everything on ESPN3, ESPNU, and ESPNNews, which accounts for over half of the practice sessions and the Brazilian GP Qualifying. I can always watch a delayed stream on the ESPN app, which is free with my cable service.

The problem in the UK with Sky is you have to help Sky pay the ridiculous English Premiership Football fees they pay if you want access to any sport.

I think it would work out around £60 a month if you wanted to watch live F1.

They do the £10 day pass thing too, so I guess you could get a whole season if for £200 if you were so inclined.

Jeez...that's a lot, and I thought US Cable TV was expensive. We can get Phone, Internet, and a decent TV package for about $100/mo

The problem in the UK with Sky is you have to help Sky pay the ridiculous English Premiership Football fees they pay if you want access to any sport.

They do the £10 day pass thing too, so I guess you could get a whole season if for £200 if you were so inclined.

The other way is now TV, but it's not full HD.

Anyone paying to watch F1 on tv is a moron. The internet is awash with HD streams. You pay to watch this on tv, you are part of the problem, not the solution.

I'm a Tottenham fan. I watched every single game they played last season live. I paid ZERO. Get smart or get suckered in by Rupert Murdoch.

_68164515_68164514.jpg

You think he cares about you?

He cares about nothing but taking your money.

Last edited:
I tried now. TV but I couldn't pause the coverage, I tried the channel four option but they only cover half the races.

With sky I can record all the sessions and chat watch it back at my leisure on whatever device I fancy instantly. I think at each race its about 13 hours of content. It's a very GOOD but a pricy service.

That's great if you have the time and patience for it.

I'm an old school BBC2 Grandstand trained viewer.

I turn the race on during the parade lap and turn it off when the winner crosses the line. Everything else is just killing time.

Isn't that €60 on top of your standard sky subscription of something like €30?

I can't understand why anyone would get sky, we used to have it years ago when it first came to Ireland. But the box blew during a storm and we never got it back.

Paying a premium to watch extra adds just doesn't make sense to me. They've always charged extremely high prices for everything. I remember when they first did movie renting, they where more expensive than going to the video shop and renting the actual video.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Weekly at lan events

• Monthly at lan events

• Yearly at lan events