Online sound problem

How come when I am in online play and next to other cars I start hearing a "pfft!, Pfft!" sound especially prevalent while sitting on the starting grid waiting for the green flag. Talk to someone else while chatting in game and they said they had the same issue and claimed it was a bug. Pretty big bug if you ask me. Not a showstopper but very annoying. So can anyone tell me if this is just a bug or is there something that can be done to fix it?

The other question I have is what is the Race series commonly referred to as. With all the different flavors, STCC, WTCC, Race On, GTR-Evo, it is difficult to google search effectively or any issues I have that encompass the whole series which I own. If you've ever done a google search for Race On you will probably know what I mean. The whole makeup of the series and extensions if very confusing.

I don't know about the sound bug but it's a great question about the naming of the Race series. I don't think there is an answer though - different people call it different things at different times. It sure makes it tougher to search for specific things on the web. Too bad they didn't call it Simbinfactor or something!

RACE 07
RACE 08
RACE 09
RACE 10

That would have been logical. The current names, and I completely agree, are a nightmare to Google search on. For an othersider or newcomer its almost impossible to link these games to eachother.

But Michael is right: RACE 07 is the base game and the GTR Evolution, STCC, and RACE On should merge nicely into it.

(to make it even more confusing, the original title RACE is a separate game, :roflol:)

when searching for things that contain 2 common strings ie 'race and '07 or 'on' you can shrink your results a little using quotes which defines that you want the whole string and not just part of it.

google 'Race On Driver' and ' "Race On" Driver ' and you'll see the difference.

As for the sound I was always told it is the sound of stones/chippings being blown of the road onto the car by exhausts. Sometimes you get a chip in the windscreen before the race timer gets to 0. I think it sounds more like expanding metal but maybe its both.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back