Online Setup's

Hello everyone.
I have a question - does the "online setups" is avalible for You Guys? because I have issue to get them in the last few days. There is only a "authenticating" and "connecting" message and nothing else.

I made a similar thread over the the race room forums. A fix that worked for me (only if you are stuck on connecting or authenticating) is:
  • Delete everything in your steam folder (assuming you purchased with steam) apart from steam.exe and the steamapps folder
  • Then launch steam.exe and it will reinstall steam
  • login to steam again
  • Launch the game
Something to do with the Steam authentication and doing it this way ensure steam in reinstalled, but you don't lose any of the games you've already got installed.

My online setups are intermittent. They never appear to work in RD servers but they do some of the time in publics. Very odd that the server your connected to should have any effect on the availability of Online setups that are nothing to do with the server but thats what I have experienced. Like I said though sometimes they just dont work full stop...

Can connect to MULTIPLAYER OK and compete On-Line fine but I cannot seem to see or download any OFF-LINE files to download other peoples set-ups. Just get AUTHORIZING, THEN CONNECTING and thats it never see any files. Happends on all tracks, all cars.
Tried uninstalling then deleting the RACE 07 Directory. Deleting my RACE 07 profile in USERS. Then re-installing, but still the same.Tried switching off Firewall, Have the RACE 07 ports open on the router.

I am not sure what is actually happening when you select OFF-LINE files. I presume that my PC is communicating with a server somewhere to try and download the set-ups.
Tearing my hair out! Dont know what to try next. All help appreciated.
Thanks Ed (Eddystone)

Online setups fails in est 30% of people, i've been without them for over 6 months now.. We are waiting for a patch. Some have reported a succes with Steam clean install, you need to delete all BUT steamapps folder, then download latest Steam client and let it do the rest. I've done this but it didn't help but i'm gonna try again soon...

I found the answer!

The link below details how to solve the problem. Thanks to all who helped.

From Steam Suport:-

Please exit Steam and go to the folder called C:\Program Files\Steam\ (this is the default location for a Steam installation - if you set a different installation directory, you will need to browse to it).

Delete all of the files in this folder except:-

The \Steamapps\ folder and Steam.exe (this file is listed as an application and features the black and white Steam logo)

Restart your computer.

Then, launch Steam.exe from within the Steam installation folder, and not
from a pre-existing shortcut. (In my case Steam started automatically when did a re-boot)

With Steam running, re-test the original issue.

Note: This process will not affect your currently installed games.

Additionally, please complete this process for your installed game(s):

Ed

This is what i did to get my online sterups working again..

Exit Steam

Go to your steam folder directory, and delete everything except:

Steam.exe (also known as the application under 'type)
Steamapps (contains your game files)
Userdata (This is optional, as it contains game saves for *some* games)

fire up steam.. it didnt complete the first time.. but the second time i had to input my usermane and password...
All works ok and can see online setups....

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 359 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 501 39.0%