F1 2011 Online Racing is asynchronous

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I am living in Brasil and my sun in Germany. 2 or 3 times a week we are racing together, usually with some AI around. We are talking via Teamspeak3 and as in F1 2010 we are noticing that the game become asynchronous. The more laps we are driving, the gap becomes greater. I see him 20 m behind, while he see me on his left ... and so on.
SO COMPETITON NEAR BY NEAR IS IMPOSSIBLE.!
It doesnt matter if he hosts (50 Mbits DL, 8 Mbit/s UL, VDSL Telekom) or I do this a normal 1 MBit-Connection.
The ping between as is usually about 160 ms. Our cars are not "warping" around, appearing running smoothly, but .... you can never trust, if your opponet is there or not.

Anyone else is suffering the same mess?
Any help is appreciated, thanks!

According to a fellow member's recording, the start of an online race saw my car making slight contact with another ahead. From my perspective I was at least 10 metres behind the car but I felt some resistance, like the car was pushing against another car.

What annoys me the most are the random disconnects, though.

I've been experiencing the same thing in RD Club races. Players seeing each other on different positions on track in the same time, crashing into one another without realizing. Also, I keep 'losing connection' to the host even though my net is stable and I'm still logged in GFWL. Those things combined make competitive online play impossible...

P.S. I usually play with hosts from EU, I'm from Croatia so it shouldn't be a problem. Also, I have 50-60 kBps upload speed, so net stability isn't an issue either.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back