Online problem

I have been having problems with GTR2 online races since a long time, when I’m near other car he just starts to shake from side to side, at first I think the problem was my old PC, but now with a new one the problem keeps going.

I’m running a PC with,
Intel Core I7 920 2.66
4 GB Memory
Asus 5850 1Gb
Windows 7 64 bits

Offline I can race with full graphics with no problem, but for the online I change it to medium but this kind of freeze problem comes always I’m near other car, yesterday at Fuji someone else was with this kind of trouble, any ideas why?

I find some answers to this question and seems like the GTR 2 config doesn't read the system well on anything beyond windows XP, so I change my config.ini file in the GTR 2 folder with this settings:

CPURATING=5
SYSTEMRAM=4096
VIDEORAM=1024
OBJDETAIL=3
TEXDETAIL=3
RUNBENCHMARKS=0
FSAA=0
VSYNC=0
SHADERLEVEL=3

Still not perfect, when I’m near to other car he still flickers a bit, but is better now.

Get rid of the Shadows...

This is one of the biggest eaters of frame rates. Also running lower graphics online will give you a better ping... Absurd I know but it does work! I learnt this little trick playing the Battlefield series and I do it in all multiplayer games to get a smoother experience while playing.

In VIDEORAM you have to type your GPU RAM in MB x 1.5, that is to say 1536. Also you can change OJBDETAIL and TEXDETAIL to 5, and FSAA to 36.

I have a now old Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 (2.66), 6 GB RAM and a nvidia GTX 260 and I can race online with the setting above.

Maybe it also depends on your internet connection.

Regards.

Thanks for the tips, Ian and Bakke.

About the internet connection, I think it should be enough:

1023625945.png

well i had this problem to. I solve this to use a cable connection, instead of the WiFi connection from the router.
The internet (play)connection is now more stable.

If you have a router, try to play without this one. ANd see what's happening. Find out if youre firewall is expecting youre (open) ports for this game.

im using now.

GRIDSIZE=50
CPURATING=5
SYSTEMRAM=4096
VIDEORAM=1024
OBJDETAIL=2
TEXDETAIL=1
VIDEOGUID=D7B71EE2-2BDE-11CF-2470-0000BEC2C535
VIDEODRIVER=0
VIDEOMODE=44
VIDEOREFRESH=0
WINDOWEDMODE=0
RUNBENCHMARKS=1
FSAA=0
VSYNC=0
SHADERLEVEL=0

some servers i can join, and on some GTR2 stops working.

i do have 8gb ram, and video 1024mb. What else do i need to change.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back