F1 2012 Online/Offline - Which files to switch

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Today i'll race online later so i decided to check if it was working good.
I have a lot of mods, 90% are texture mods. The other 10% are an FFB mod, camera mods, database mod and a realistic damage mod. I replaced the database and the loose_parts_settings.xml with the original ones but when i got to the multiplayer quick races the game don't show anyone. Does anyone can please help me? Do i have to use some other original files like cameras?

You should be good to go with camera mods, texture mods, and the FFB mod.

In your position I would be tempted to have Steam verify and fix all your files, test it, then re-add the mods that SHOULD work online, perhaps doing a quick test after each mod install.

You should be good to go with camera mods, texture mods, and the FFB mod.

In your position I would be tempted to have Steam verify and fix all your files, test it, then re-add the mods that SHOULD work online, perhaps doing a quick test after each mod install.
Thanks GNU!!!
Can i use your knowledge some more? :rolleyes:
As you said, if i got it right, this means that if i use steam to verify the files, every file will be replaced with the original one right? So good bye to all mods until i re-add them?

Yes, that should be the outcome, a standard install. :)

EDIT:

There used to be a Ryder Mod Manager around these forums, which worked in F1 2010, and F1 2011. I would assume it would work for F1 2012.

Through the interface, you could install and uninstall mods with a couple of clicks. When it installed a mod, it automatically backed up the original files. Then when uninstalling, it would put the original files back,

Really good if you use lots of mods, one central modding control centre.

Ok, got it!
Thanks!:thumbsup:
I'll probably do it today then, after that i'll add the mods, all the texture ones then the other one by one and testing :cool:
EDIT: Downloading 101 files, i'll have a race in 10 minutes.. . Im not sure if it was the right time to do this! :roflmao:
EDIT 2: I used Ryder manager for F1 2011. Maybe ill try it for F1 2012 just for the files i find that creates problems for online. Maybe use an "offline"/"online" profile in the manager :D

In F1 2011, and there is no reason F1 2012 should be any different, there is no need for a 2nd profile.

You either use a mod manager to move your mods in and out of your game, depending on what you are about to do ..... (Search for Ryder Mod Manager)

Or have 2 game folders, a standard one and a modded one. You just rename the folder before you play. Hard drive space shouldn't be a problem with the size of hard drives in modern PC's.

F1 2012 is stored in your Steam install :-

YourDrive:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2012

1/ Use Steam to verify the files, to ensure that you have an un-modded, fully patched standard game.

2/ Copy the F1 2012 folder and paste it straight back into the 'common' folder

3/ You will now have a copy of the F1 2012 folder, which you can rename to F1 2012_Mod, or similar.

4/ Install the mods into that new folder.

5/ Before you play (depending on what you are doing), just rename the folders. For example - F1 2012 to F1 2012_orig, then F1 2012_mod to F1 2012 (for Offline)

Well I just don't see how this could be happening. If you can't get it to work, try the mod manager method.

If you use a mod manager to install the mods in the first place, you can then use that same manager to remove them too. Usually for online you just have to remove the database mod(s). Any textures, camera mods, helmets, and car skins can usually stay installed.

Before playing, just boot the mod manager, and remove the appropriate mod with a couple of clicks. The mod manager keeps a backup of the original files when installing, and when uninstalling it copies them back

To save me searching, I have uploaded the Ryder Mod Manager for you .....

http://www75.zippyshare.com/v/2904328/file.html

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back