GT5 Online Maintenance... Are Our Troubles Soon to be Over?

The online service of Gran Turismo 5 will undergo maintenance during the following hours:

(1)
Start: 23/08/2011 17:00 GMT
Finish: 23/08/2011 21:00 GMT

(2)
Start: 30/08/2011 03:00 GMT
Finish: 30/08/2011 04:00 GMT

(3)
Start: 08/09/2011 17:00 GMT
Finish: 08/09/2011 23:00 GMT

(4)
Start: 15/09/2011 17:00 GMT
Finish: 15/09/2011 23:00 GMT

During the maintenance, it will not be possible to connect to any of the online services.

*Please note that the exact times of the maintenance may slightly vary.

It seems that their timings are completely out, as GT5's online features are already down for maintenance a day early. :rolleyes:

Anyway, with all that maintenance it looks like they might be doing something serious. Could they possibly be fixing whatever is causing all the connection/performance issues? Lets hope so.

Me neither, to be honest. They should just shut everything down for a week, do what they need to do, and give us back the high quality racing we had in the first quarter of this year. It would be nice if they would give a little more info on what they're actually doing too. We never know anything about what is in the patches or why maintenance is needed until after the fact.

It seems the blame lies with whoever translated the original Japanese message and converted the times to GMT. They converted the time correctly but forgot that the Japanese timezone in way ahead of Europe. The maintenance times are the early hours of the morning for them, making them early evening and a day earlier for us. Another little mistake to add to the growing list.

I've updated the maintenance schedule in the OP.

I have no idea what PD are playing at now. Although the servers were down for maintenance on Tuesday, they're down again now for the same reason. Before they went down, the in-game news item about the maintenance was updated (but did not receive the 'new' tag):

(3)
Start: 08/09/2011 17:00 GMT
Finish: 08/09/2011 23:00 GMT

(4)
Start: 15/09/2011 17:00 GMT
Finish: 15/09/2011 23:00 GMT

Assuming they've gotten the conversion right this time, it means the final maintenance period is next Thursday. That being the case, the Club event will be on Friday again next week. OP updated.

Apparently four weeks of maintenance were not enough. PD have announced yet another maintenance period to take place next week on Thursday. However, according to the GT website this one should occur in the early hours of the morning rather than in the evening.

The online service of Gran Turismo 5 will undergo maintenance during the following hours:

Start: 09/22/2011 03:00 GMT
Finish: 09/22/2011 04:00 GMT

During the maintenance, it will not be possible to connect to any of the online services.

*Please note that the exact times of the maintenance may slightly vary.

It's worth pointing out that the time given above is exactly the same for both the GMT version of the message and the BST version. In other words, one of them is wrong... again. Your guess is as good as mine as to which it is.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back