1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Online Connection issues - Please help

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Jimi Hughes, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Jimi Hughes

Jimi Hughes
    RDMCC S6 Champion

Hi guys, I wanted to ask on here because recently Ive been having connection issues in online play.

I first notised it at the Mini Friday race at Zandvoort a few weeks ago, I was at home then, and my brother was racing in the next room so i put it down to our network struggluing with 2 PCs running online.
    But I went to my house at Uni this week, where the internet connection is much MUCH faster, yet still it seams to persist.

I am not dropping connection any more, but when i load onto the grid, sometimes no-one else is visable on the grid and it race Grid Full, Race start but the lights never go on. This happened and the Zandvort mini race, but everyone was visable on the grid, and i was racing with everyone but the timing screen was not showing me as having started a lap. It is really strange, and I dont know why it has started doing it all of a sudden, nothing has changed since it was working fine. Last night it was doing it in public rooms, but it worked fine when i join a room using the new GT power pack cars.

Could it be to do with the new content as it seems to be since I installed the first Formula Race Room pack although I cannot be sure of this.

Any suggestions, or anyone else having similar issues?

Jimi

2. Try a defrag on your hard drives to see if that helps. Some folks have had issues with the connection that this has resolved.

3. Jimi Hughes

Jimi Hughes
    RDMCC S6 Champion

Thanks Jim, I will try that over the weekend when I'm back at uni, and I will post on here what happens either way.

It may be that, I should have mentioned that when me and my brother were both online in the same house, only I had issues, and his worked fine.

cheers

4. No problem Jimi, I presume you were both on separate machines when you were both playing, so the advice should still be valid :)

5. Jimi Hughes

Jimi Hughes
    RDMCC S6 Champion

Yeah, 2 seperate machines. Strangely, mine is a fairly up to date, fast Gaming PC, and his is a very old very slow laptop. Im back at the house tonight, so ill give it a try and post how i get on later tonight.

Cheers Jim

6. The "grid full race starting" thing with lights on the screen but not going off, and the timing not working happened to several of us earlier in a club race - may be a bug or something...

7. Jimi Hughes

Jimi Hughes
    RDMCC S6 Champion

Defraging seemed to work, I only did 2 races, but both ran much better. I will bring it all back home with me at the weekend to try racing online there while you are on Nik.

Thanks again Jim,

8. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

Hey Jimi,

if you don't see others when you go on to the grid. Press + and then -, you will see everyone is there :)