F1 2011 Online bandwidth

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I think it depends where you are in relation to the other players. Latency is obviously going to be a lot better if the host is your neighbour than if your host was on the other side of the planet.

The best way to play online multiplayer would be to join a league of fellow racers from your country.

I was wondering the same thing. Might have to reduce my internet package soon to something a bit cheaper and would be interested to know how much an online race uses in terms of the capacity so I know how much I can afford to drop down to from my current unlimited package..

You could try a free bandwidth monitor. I doubt you're going to get anywhere near your monthly allowance on even a basic broadband package; I used to play F1 2010 online via a mobile broadband connection with a 4gb per month usage allowance and I would imagine that F1 2011 is pretty similar to 2010 in terms of resource usage.

I think the amount of bandwidth a game like F1 2011 uses is somewhat variable too depending on how much data is being transferred (how many cars etc...), so the best way would be to download a bandwidth monitor and that way you could work out an average for you.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 176 14.0%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 492 39.2%