1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Online and Lan not working

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by rayman55, Jan 26, 2011.

1. rayman55

rayman55

Ratings:
    +0
    I am on win7 64, I cant play the game online boot in my lan or internet: i can enter in a online game, but on the starting grid my pc hang and i have alt-tab it. F1 executable has stop working , i have to terminate the program.

I try all i can think:
    Fresh install, no mod
    Disable Firewall, windows defender
    Open port TCP - UPN on firewall

In single game all is OK
    Any ideas?

P.S. i have the same problem on my 2 PC at home

2. Paul Lock

Paul Lock

Ratings:
    +483
    If you use a router, it sounds like that could be your problem. Can you cut the router out of the loop and connect your PC directly to the internet and see if that works?

I tried all the things you have mentioned, and it wasnt until i changed my router that i was able to get the game working online.

3. rayman55

rayman55

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Paul,
    I have the same problem in lan with my 2 pc connect directly via cable , no router!!

PS: Race On, Iracing, Rfactor , all works well online and lan

4. Brendon Boss

Brendon Boss

Ratings:
    +33
    Strange, I've just had this exact thing happen to me this morning - never had any problems before.
    I am currently reinstalling completely, via Steam.

Will let you know how I get on once its finished downloading and is patched up.

5. Paul Lock

Paul Lock

Ratings:
    +483

IIRC, those games you mentioned use dedicated servers, whereas F1 uses a host via a lobby - which is different.
    I was never able to play COD MW2 or F1 2010 due to them using 'lobbys' - All other online games worked fine for me, like those other ones do for you.

When I upgraded my broadband to 50mb I got a free N-type router, so I binned my old Netgear router, and bang - F1 started to work. I rent a room and my friends PS3 wouldnt connect to game lobbys, but after the router change - it did. So it obviously wasnt a PC setting, it was the network hardware.
    My old Netgear router did not have UDP, whereas the new D-Link router does - so maybe that is the issue.

Regarding your local LAN attempts, I may be wrong, but I dont think you can play a LAN game with 2 PCs connected directly together. You needed some form of switch/hub/router between the machines - this could be why you are getting similar failures in both your LAN and Internet games.

Can you explain a little more detail how your network is set up please?

6. rayman55

rayman55

Ratings:
    +0
    Paul, first off all, thanks for reply
    When i tried the game to work in lan i connect my 2 pc in this way: one cable in network adapter of PC1 to switch, PC2 connect via cable to that switch.
    My modem router is a Cisco ADSL N2 http://www.linksysbycisco.com/IT/it/products/WAG120N, Upnp activated, firewall disabled.
    PS3 and XBOX360 online, internet, local network, all work ok, except F12010!!
    With F12010 , i can go online, i can partecipate to a race but, in the starting grid my screen hang and i have to ctrl+alt+canc my pc and i see the windows message "F1 2010 executable has stop working......
    what you think?

Sorry for my terrible english..

7. Paul Lock

Paul Lock

Ratings:
    +483
    Dont apologise for your english, its much better than my Italian!

The game crashing like that sounds like the sort of thing a mod would cause - happened to me with perfect cockpit v7 - BUT you say it is a vanilla install, so now i am baffled!
    It is unlikely that network problems would cause a game crash, so im out of ideas.

Last thing i can think of - Is the game via Steam? If so 'verify integrity of game cache' to make sure the files are all ok.

8. rayman55

rayman55

Ratings:
    +0
    No, the game is on CD.
    I will try to reinstall , but, as i said before, i am alredy on new install .
    Maybe delete registry items and GFWL account can help.
    I let you know if work.
    GoodNight

9. Brendon Boss

Brendon Boss

Ratings:
    +33
    Just a quick update.

Did a full steam uninstall and reinstall.
    Went online and patched up.
    Applied CM's puddle fix.

And woohoo, puddles, dry line and rubbering in - at higher fps than what I had before.

10. Paul Lock

Paul Lock

Ratings:
    +483
    Good luck.