1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ongoing Problem

Discussion in 'Formula SimRacing' started by Thomas Mundy, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Thomas Mundy

Thomas Mundy
    FSR President

Ok guys I have a serious problem with rFactor at the moment. What happens is that the game runs fairly smoothly most of the time but every 20 laps or so I have a series of screen freezes one after the other which cost me about 30 seconds and today were damn scary as I tried to prevent any collisions with drivers behind me. I managed to keep out of everyone's way luckily but does anyone have any idea what might be causing this problem?

Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce 9500GT
    Approx Total Memory: 2383MB
    Display Mode: 1280x1024 (32 bit) (60hz)
    Processor: 2.6GHz Dual Core (2 CPUs)
    Memory: 4096MB RAM

If you need anymore info about my computer please ask.
  2. I have no problems, It might be your pc needs afew extra things or your internet connection.

Running an Acer Predator G5900
    Intel quad cores i7 870 @ 2.93ghz
    8.00 gb installed memory
    windows 7
    1 terra bite hard drive partitioned
    1 x single Nividia gtx 470 soon to be 2 :)

Hope this helps mate
  3. Thomas Mundy

Thomas Mundy
    FSR President

I doubt it mate. rFactor was made in 2003 and my computer specs are not that old. I could run rFactor perfectly well in the past on an older computer. Besides which I can't afford a new computer or new parts for it so that's not an option.:)
  4. I had that kind of problems years ago with nVidia cards... since I switched to ATI, 0 problems of screen freezes.
  5. Had that problem too. I changed my coolermaster and all work good now.
  6. I heard a lot of those complaints with nVidia cards on rFactor and there isn't much you can do but get a new card, AMD's work much better with rF as i've heard, I recommend HD 6770/HD 7750 if you're into buying a new one ;)
  7. Thomas Mundy

Thomas Mundy
    FSR President

Ok guys thanks for the help. I'll borrow my brothers computer for races. He's got an ATI card. Don't think he'll mind. :)