• So long as all your wheels are pointing in roughly the same direction, you should be fine.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Ongoing/Increasing issues with F1 2016

Discussion in 'PC | F1 2016 DNA Racing League' started by Pretend3r A, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Pretend3r A

Pretend3r A

Ratings:
    +67
    Hello everyone,

I'm creating this thread to get everybody's thoughts on the current stability problems that seem to be on the rise during our League races.

Personally I've been struggling with stability issues in the multiplayer. I've had to quit two races now because it causing too much problems. Its either lag related or performance related, honestly I have no idea. SP runs smoothly. Most other people have no issues whilst I am hosting the session

Basicly my game hangs frequently. In the most recent race on the hungaroring for example. FIrst avvalach ghosted into my car because my game froze momentarily then later Kirrinean. I can safely host for others, but not play myself.

I am willing to host races whilst not playing, but with the current declining state of F1 2016's MP performance, which has already cost us some racers I feel we might need to quit the league altogether. Hope that F1 2017 will be good, but then again F1 2016 was excellent, as we had a great first season for most players. Or, switch to different game.

Your thoughts and experiences below please.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. robinf1

robinf1

Ratings:
    +21
    To be honest I would say switch to an other game or quit the league. Every race were are with only 10 +- racers. And every race there are server problems or weird stuff is happening in the game.

Maybe we could test some different racing games with people of our league?

For me no more F1 2016..

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mark Saunders

Mark Saunders

Ratings:
    +224
    It did sadden me to see your lag stutter as I knew we wouldn't get a fair fight one way or another. :( Were you hosting this evening out of interest? Prior to joining the league, myself and Shabballa used to have 5 lap evenings on a Tuesday and it was almost comically predictable that if either of us became the host, our game would freeze, we'd get massive lag or simply disconnect mid-race within the first two races so we just stopped hosting altogether, regardless of then getting numpty hosts ;). If anyone has a second account with F1 2016, maybe they could host on a cabled laptop or something? I do have a laptop but no second account and I doubt it could run F1 anyways.

I was concerned when Silverstone only had 8 people and really, even with 11 people as it was today, strategies just play into the 50% races all too little which does kind of reduce the strong/fun points of F1 long distance races. I do have a feeling that this number is going to reduce further making the idea of finishing the season a bit ... worrying and perhaps tiresome toward the end if only a few people show up.

It is a big shame, especially when the grid at the beginning of the season was full of players of all skill levels but second FULL league seasons in this game series just don't work unless you have feeder leagues where you can poach people from lower brackets (aka AOR). I would suggest for future F1 series games, do a full first season but for a second season, reduce the race count to something like 11 races and pick the tracks which produced the best racing from the previous league. :p

As for now, maybe we could do three 25% races per Sunday with random grids to see out the season? I think if we got a stable host bot and could guarantee fights more people would want to join/come back for the Sunday? I would worry about switching to another game as people generally came here to race in F1... there isn't much which would convince me to switch at the moment due to time commitments etc. I only do this and occasional Oculus nights on Assetto Corsa which is basically time trialling silly cars around the Nordschleife...

4. [DNA] Rico Nosberg

[DNA] Rico Nosberg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55
    1st season Jochan hosted and there was less problems but after the 1.08 patch it all went to :poop:, Codemasters only updated single player and they wont look into mp ever, :thumbsdown:Hopperlobby's?:sleep: 1st day F1 2016 came out there was a 1st patch?:cry: That should have say'd enough.
    I bought Assetto Corsa just to evade f1 2016 and pcars.
    I bought the Redline pack so i can drive f1 cars.
    But i am a poor guy and i cant buy all the DLC's so no nordsleife for me there.

Btw never ever listen to people like Aarava Tiametmarduk xmattyg about F1 and codie's because they get payed with offers and game's to test just to get us buying crapp.
    Its not weird they are not allowed to talk about the game of show us anything before it come's out. It's to steel your hard earned cash before they have to patch the mofo'r out of this :poop:!
    Pretty fed up with Codies :thumbsdown:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. robinf1

robinf1

Ratings:
    +21
    Maybe we should all delete f1 2016, do a reinstall so we all have a fresh and clean version. So nobody uses mods or different skins etc. I dont know if it would make any difference, but maybe we should give it a try or test it?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pretend3r A

Pretend3r A

Ratings:
    +67
    I am running a clean game. No mods.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jas Verstoppen

Jas Verstoppen
    DNA Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +53
    I am playing Assetto Corsa alot lately.
    There is a mod called ''F1 2017 Hybrid''. It's a fantastic mod with great physics.
    Perhaps that's an idea about the way to go in the future.
    I played the BETA of F1 2017 too and I didn't like it. Just a port of 2016 actually..

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. robinf1

robinf1

Ratings:
    +21

Yeah I play ac with that mod too. Its fun, but dont know how it is if we would play it online?

It's a shame to hear that f1 2017 just a port of 2016 is.. for sure I'm not gonna buy it on the day of release, waiting for some reviews this time, I'm done with wasting my money on a updated game every year. And every year the game is full with bugs and online is always a disaster.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mark Saunders

Mark Saunders

Ratings:
    +224
    I love the feeling of Assetto Corsa, especially with the rift... Nordschleife time trialling with the Red Bull fan car, the Sauber C9 or a 98T is insanely good fun... I also love the group of people who are making it.

At the moment though, I'm not sure how well suited it is for league racing. It has been a while though... I know they've added controller use for pitstops now instead of keyboard+mouse, as well as enforced number of pitstops etc... maybe we could give it a go in modded content to make sure everyone could race if they have the game. It's such a shame they don't have proper weather implemented though; even if it was just a linear loss of grip it'd be better than nothing. :(

Either way, I think this needs some form of a poll to ask what people want to do or indeed if people want to carry on as we are.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  10. [DNA] Rico Nosberg

[DNA] Rico Nosberg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55
    To inform you guy's i am not playing in f1 2016 anymore and after buying assetto i am not gonna buy 2017 pretty soon eather.
    I have the full assetto package now.
    We also have a server running atm with the hybridmod, thanks to Ingemar! :thumbsup:
    Go to the search option type DNA you will find it.
    We played hybridmod online night before, its awsome in my book. :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jas Verstoppen

Jas Verstoppen
    DNA Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +53
    We played alot Online with it, no problems at all.
    What obviously is a fact, is that we can't do all the Official F1 Tracks. Because they aren't all in the game.

But I guess we could find a good bunch of nice tracks to have an acceptable season?!