One new conspiracy theory. Vettels old advantage gone?

The only reason needed is that its been fun enough for us all to debate nd certainly more plausible than Perez throwing the Malaysian GP to please Sauber engine suplier Ferrari.
In fact I give this here conspiracy theory a good 7/10 and the Perez one 4/10 and his got onto TV!!!!

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ... if you really think that was a conspiracy right there, Sergio prior to and after the so call "conroversial" radio call, he was closing in more and more, it was a simple mistake that could have costed him the podium. Its his 2nd year in F1 on a midfield car, and im sure he will learn from his mistakes under pressure. Its unbelivable how many people realy think that, I suggest you watch the onboard live during the races, maybe people then can have a concrete fact about it, other than that is just anti-ferrari rant. Ferrari knows well that their car sucks, and im sure if Sergio would of passed Alonso if he didnt make the mistake, then hats off to Sauber, Sergio was still closing after his mistake, so yeah no conspiracy here.

back on track here, it is odd that in 2011 Webber had more issues with his car than Vettel....Im glad this year things turn around for the man, he clearly deserved that WC in 2010. I remember when he was told to "maintain the gap"...as if 3rd place would cost Vettel the WC yet CH trties to defend it. He had more issues on that car than a midfield car. IM glad EBD is gone, and those laps records begone from the books.

The conspiracy has some validity, no doubt about that.

I really want to see Webber trump Vettel in the final standings so I can see how Christian Horner reacts. That will certainly be my moment of the year.

As I said, before, I lost some respect for Vettel when he made the crazy sign twice after colliding with Webber. Nonetheless, he will mature, as will his driving. If he wants to be a master driver, he has to do what drivers like Prost, Senna, Schumacher, and Alonso have done countless times, simply adjust your style according to what the car wants you to do for it.

For Senna, when aids were banned in '94, the Williams was a bitch to handle for any driver, but, he managed to take three pole positions.

Schumacher, in '96, drove an under-performing Ferrari that was still recovering from the loss of Enzo, but, he managed to win a number of races and finish a few times on the podium.

Alonso, in '08, aside from Singapore, managed to win in Fuji when the other drivers were ruining their race. In Malaysia, he kept his cool when he drove a cumbersome car and Perez was on his tail, and took advantage of the incidents, and won.

A true champion is not dependent on any component; it's all about making your driving style more dynamic according to what the car likes to do and does not like to do.

I must admit, Alonso's drive was that of a champion, same as Silverstone last year.
I too reckon there is a conspiricy with Perez, his engineer told him be happy with second!
Its his 2nd year in F1 on a midfield car
can we really call the Sauber a midfield car anymore? if so, Merc and Ferrari may be in trouble

if they are giving him a coded message, they would want to cover it up.
if he makes it look like he was catching again, he has done his job.

yes it is a long shot, and frankly they don't give a s*** what i think in the end. but this was a light-hearted topic, we don't need to get posionous over it.
i just really wanted Perez to win :D

if they are giving him a coded message, they would want to cover it up.
if he makes it look like he was catching again, he has done his job.

yes it is a long shot, and frankly they don't give a s*** what i think in the end. but this was a light-hearted topic, we don't need to get posionous over it.
i just really wanted Perez to win :D

Yeah the best way to secure a P2 is to take the risk to fake an off-track, with danger of making a small mistake and score a DNF instead :D

Like I said in the race thread, they could do before when he was still far, and specially I don't think Sergio would be happy and hugging and greeting Alonso if he was forced to DON'T WIN a GP.

I thought this was about Vettel. It looks like Vettel is struggling with rear end grip on the braking, which is what the blown diffuser gave him. Webber looks more comfortable in the car right now.

Driving style that hampers him. Button is the same way, he doesn´t like the rear end moving around.
Something for example Hamilton prefers.

All these things, DD, EBD, OTEBD, Pirelli´s, new Pirelli´s will ultimately favor one driving style over the other.

Take the tires. These tires are crap for guy like Hamilton but is perfect for Button or Vettel.
Even though everyone loses tire grip, those two can manage it better simply because of a "cleaner" driving style.

Idea

Could it be that SV lack the present car setup and not having the ingenuity to help in the ideal car setup/design which maybe MW has capitalize on in doing. Is it possible? they say a car is build around drivers inputs
Good point. Unfortunately we can't say (except monitoring tires and corner speeds, stability and so on) . Vettel doesn't look like the engineer type of driver and he's just 24...

Which in simplified theory sounds great! The ones suffering because of the lack of rear end grip during braking, does have the advantage when it comes to tyres.
It´s true.

We should also not forget that the reason Vettel is struggling is because himself.
Put Alonso in that car and watch him analyze the car, adapt to it and grab podium after podium with it.

Vettel chose himself to go with more rear end grip during braking. The latest exhaust layout provides the most rear-end stability of the two, confirmed by Horner.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 287 13.5%