Once a race is done, is there anyway to exit without using a mouse?

Once the race is done and it shows you results, is there any way to just use the keyboard to just hit enter to continue? Why do I have to go fishing for my mouse on the floor to select continue and go back to the main menu? Huge oversight by Kunos.

I have a mini keyboard and would love to just hit enter.

thanks

What Stelios and Insert Coin said. Otherwise this:
AlBcJFBXRsm8I4MyFJdI_c3.gif

I think I need to explain better :)
Please watch this

I am in a real Porsche cockpit, I cannot see the menus from inside the cockpit, I need to start the race and then run to gt into the cockpit, then get out of the cockpit every time I end a race. I need to be able to assign those mouse clicks to a button in the roccat virtual button box. I've been pulling my hair out for a year trying to find an answer. there has to be a way to find out what command is happening when we hover over the buttons and click.

My screen is 18 feet in diameter and the menus are literally 230 degree to my right so I cannot see anything from inside the cockpit as its one seemless screen using multiple projectors. Its ultra realistic but from a UI standpoint its a nightmare of biblical proportions. Please help!

Alt+F4 only exits. I need to be able to use all the buttons. Start race, menus, etc. Since I can't see them from inside the cockpit. Thanks for the input.

someone mentioned autohotkey, I did notice that pressing the start race button refers back to a file in the AC system folder called AC.exe which is separate from the .exe that actually starts the game.

I am in a real Porsche cockpit, I cannot see the menus from inside the cockpit, I need to start the race and then run to gt into the cockpit, then get out of the cockpit every time I end a race.
I kind of have the same problem. My computer desk where I normally use my PC is about 4-5ft away from my rig. There's a tray on the rig but I can't leave my mouse on it or it gets shaken off. I end up leaving the mouse on the PC table and have to get out and get it, then I forget to switch the sound over (rift headset), it can be annoying. During a race I'm stuck in the car, I can't see the keyboard, I can't see the mouse, I have to fumble around for hotkeys. I have two joystick thingies on my wheel. If they just got those working I'd probably be fine.

Yeah its a total pain in the ass. Don't understand why they can't add that. Every racing game has that. Love AC but this is driving me nuts.
VR support at the moment is in beta, it's not fully featured. It's just enough to allow us to drive AC in VR, which is better than nothing. There seems to be more and more people switching to VR here and on AC support website so hopefully full VR support is making it's way up the to do list.

It's a shame, because once AC is loaded and you're sitting in the car it's an incredible VR experience.

Alt+F4 only exits. I need to be able to use all the buttons. Start race, menus, etc. Since I can't see them from inside the cockpit. Thanks for the input.
The menu is made for mouse control, with some exceptions where actions are bind to keyboard. But main menu and game menu interactions were designed with mouse control in mind and not with keyboard, gamepad, or wheel control.

It was said in the past that this isn't going to change. I think for a next game they will have other aspirations, where menu interaction is suitable for all devices including VR.

Yeah its a total pain in the ass. Don't understand why they can't add that. Every racing game has that. Love AC but this is driving me nuts.
Because AC is not every racing game and the menu was designed many years ago when AC was just meant to be played by a small, not very diverse, audience. Don't want to sound rude, but your inconveniences of not being able to reach the mouse are in the minority. Redesigning the entire menu system for total control with other devices is a big project for little or no return at this point. Some things are better kept for a new game, you know, like wet weather and other stuff.

You're not being rude, you're just being you. Thats cool.
Did you read my entire explanation as to why I need this? It isn't just because of the mouse thing.
I have found that the mouse click to start the race references assettocorsa.exe followed by some code "cls='HwndWrapper*". Have to figure out a way to get that command into some sort of button.

Also, isn't this working in the console versions? So it is already coded so the argument that its best left for another game really don't apply.

Also, isn't this working in the console versions? So it is already coded so the argument that its best left for another game really don't apply.
As far as I know, the console menu doesn't work with mouse and also doesn't work with our apps. People already bought the game with this type of menu we see in the PC version, so such a radical change could get many people upset because it would be a big change to what they were used to. Kunos also said they wouldn't support two Menus at the same time, so the current one will stay.

I'm not asking for consoles to use apps or work with mice. Where is that even coming from. I'm not asking them to add it to the PC version, I'm asking if its possible to use AutoHotKey to basically create this functionality. Seems you're offended that I don't like AC menus. Why? Do you have stock in Kunos? I already said I love the game but this is an issue for me.

Yet you come into the thread, say you're not insulting me, when in fact you are, and now you're going on about the console version doesn't use mouse or apps? I never said they did. I said they have the menu functionality that I need.

So not trying to insult you, but if you have no interest in my issue or question and can't help me, why are you badgering me? Confused.

You were saying that Kunos should use the console menus for the pc version, didn't you suggest that? So I gave you reasons why the console menu isn't easily adoptable on the pc version, because can't be used with mouse, doesn't support apps, and it would be a radical change to a product many people already bought that could bring them complaining they preferred the menu they were used to having and wanting it back.

If you just want help with workarounds for assigning keys with 3rd party programs, I can't help you on that. I just replied on the thread subject that you opened.

I mean, Autohotkey and an alternate launcher can 100% build a workaround for this issue. Just a question of putting the pieces together. AC's ingame menus are in static positions so very easy to write ahk macros for, and the game's set up to allow custom launchers which would include one that's fully keyboard/joystick driven.

If you have the ability to wire a second USB device, you could run an xbox360 controller with http://ohcoolthatsnice.com/stuff/360escape.ahk

the 'A' button is a mouse left click.
the 'X' button is bound to Escape.
The left joystick controls mouse movement.

Edit the joystick number to correspond with whatever virtual number your system assigns it to assuming your cockpit setup occupies a virtual joystick, if not more. I set the script to Joystick #2. I don't know if the script will interfere with your cockpit setup, or AC itself.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 234 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 162 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 119 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.2%