On sale on steam

I saw this last night on steam for 50% off i think the DTM 2014 was £9.99 and there was another collection of tracks/cars also for the same price. I forget what they named this second pack.

Is it worth it? or am i better off waiting for the seemingly inevitable DTM 2015.

How does it stack up as a package compared to its rivals? AC, iR, Rf, etc particularly if i'm looking for online play.

Last edited:
if theres any moaners im sure im one of the biggest when its regarding rre swaying.. but james just notified me of this and im currently reinstalling rre, ill give it a goooooo!

Theres on car and one track I use to test my swaying, McLaren at a1 ring..

I haven't experienced or perhaps noticed this issue and I use the McLaren quite a lot. I do have FFB tweaked and lowered quite a bit but I always use default setup. Using a T500. Not saying it doesn't exist but, perhaps my lower FFB is key as stated previously.

okay, im sorry to report but the toe trick doesn't really eradicate the swaying.... the only way I could reduce it was to put steering force to 40, then lowering lat to about 150 ffb 85, steer lock around 14.

Then the car just looses all connection to the road imo. It is good still had a great race at a1 with the gts. Ai is better than pcars too imo. They don't bumop you as much lol./

im sure this could be good if they sorted that horrible floaty centre,

p.s off topic, ive lost the pics for the cars in the menus, little place holders come up..?? anyone?

okay, im sorry to report but the toe trick doesn't really eradicate the swaying.... the only way I could reduce it was to put steering force to 40, then lowering lat to about 150 ffb 85, steer lock around 14.

Then the car just looses all connection to the road imo. It is good still had a great race at a1 with the gts. Ai is better than pcars too imo. They don't bumop you as much lol./

im sure this could be good if they sorted that horrible floaty centre,

p.s off topic, ive lost the pics for the cars in the menus, little place holders come up..?? anyone?
At least you tried. I use the following settings I posted on the first page of the this thread, along with my own setup changes and have a good experience, but ive been very exclusive to R3E so perhaps im more adapted. Progress will be made with the ffb and controller settings.

what i will mention is that, the only thing that seems to make the FFB a bit more like "other" sims. is to give the Wheel some damper in the Thrustmaster control panel. I went as far as 50% to stop the loose centre feel. I wont lie, it actually felt good. If S3 could somehow perfect this in game it would be a top sim again.

Funny how the damper in game doesnt have any effect........ compared to the driver setting?!

what i will mention is that, the only thing that seems to make the FFB a bit more like "other" sims. is to give the Wheel some damper in the Thrustmaster control panel. I went as far as 50% to stop the loose centre feel. I wont lie, it actually felt good. If S3 could somehow perfect this in game it would be a top sim again.

Funny how the damper in game doesnt have any effect........ compared to the driver setting?!

When those settings in game were being tested, for them to work, damper had to be turned to 100% in the drivers, then adjusted in game. That was the idea back then, not sure if its the same now.

Sounds like a bargain to me if you are interested in the DTM series. And if you own DTM2014 you will get a big discount .should you choose to buy DTM2015 (which won't be out for a while in any case).

Netcode is widely reported as good but no one can compete with iRacing for pick-up racing. I would think you probably need to find a league.

Physics is generally described as more forgiving than iRacing - more like AC. FFB can be difficult to find the best setting but this isn't confined to R3E.

Graphics are perhaps not cutting edge but a nice step up on the old gM2 titles and sound is generally considered to be the best of any racing sim.

^^ Well stated.
------------------------
As for the "sway" issue....
Not sure if you guys are talking about the car zig zagging down the straight as you try to keep it online? Since I don't have an R3E specific "Suspension for Dummies" manual, I only use default suspension settings for leaderboard times and in general. I experienced wallowing with a few cars so far (Audi 90/ DTM Mustang/one of the free prototypes) but once I turned off my wheel software and only used the in-game ffb settings, that went away. I also don't have the "Logitech Profiler Adjustment for Dummies" book either. :unsure:

it still has a slight lag, as if when you go to straighten up the car or adjust the trajectory of the car, it takes a tiny moment to catch up what your doing. Its the sort of behaviour you would expect in an old muscle car or a car with super soft suspension. NOT the Daytona DP I was currently trying to chuck around zolder. Because of this odd lag, you do end up chucking it in corners before you get to them to make up for the delay. I also trieds the usual turning vsync off, didn't make any difference.

it still has a slight lag, as if when you go to straighten up the car or adjust the trajectory of the car, it takes a tiny moment to catch up what your doing. Its the sort of behaviour you would expect in an old muscle car or a car with super soft suspension. NOT the Daytona DP I was currently trying to chuck around zolder. Because of this odd lag, you do end up chucking it in corners before you get to them to make up for the delay. I also trieds the usual turning vsync off, didn't make any difference.
I would never base anything off of the DP, car feels awfully broken. I usually play with the Gr.5 cars, DTM 92, M1 Procar and GT Masters.

ah ha! I couldn't put my finger on it, but thanks @Msportdan
I just assumed it was some sort of input lag. Visually, it just doesn't seem to match up.

As a youtuber said. while testing a REAL DTM car...."They're like formula cars with a body over the top and react faster than you can think". I do not get that feeling, especially with the 2013 cars.
It's a game though and I still have fun......until I get punted off :D

I would never base anything off of the DP, car feels awfully broken. I usually play with the Gr.5 cars, DTM 92, M1 Procar and GT Masters.
a appreciate that but, they all have that slight lag on steering.

Between that and the harsh centre force on higher steer force levels.. pretty much is what i think is wrong with Rre handling/ffb.

a appreciate that but, they all have that slight lag on steering.

Between that and the harsh centre force on higher steer force levels.. pretty much is what i think is wrong with Rre handling/ffb.
Oh yeah sure, something is going on with it, but ive been able to work around it and adapt. Now I just enjoy the cars, I dont get turned off so easily. I got my real life experience to go by, im just here to race and have fun.

Thanks for this. I've got a DFP but putting damper on 40-50 ingame with the LGprofiler disabled seems to help the FFB deadzone around the center.

I came upon that by accident. Turned off profiler and deadspot went away.
I should just create an R3E profile in logitech profiler with disabled settings, since profiler opens everytime R3E opens. Save me the trouble of alt-tabbing out of game to shut down the profiler and risk crashing the game when I alt-tab back (which it has several times).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back