On sale on steam

I saw this last night on steam for 50% off i think the DTM 2014 was £9.99 and there was another collection of tracks/cars also for the same price. I forget what they named this second pack.

Is it worth it? or am i better off waiting for the seemingly inevitable DTM 2015.

How does it stack up as a package compared to its rivals? AC, iR, Rf, etc particularly if i'm looking for online play.

Last edited:
I saw this last night on steam for 50% off i think the DTM 2014 was £9.99 and there was another collection of tracks/cars also for the same price. I forget what they named this second pack.

Is it worth it? or am i better off waiting for the seemingly inevitable DTM 2015.

How does it stack up as a package compared to its rivals? AC, iR, Rf, etc particularly if i'm looking for online play.

Sounds like a bargain to me if you are interested in the DTM series. And if you own DTM2014 you will get a big discount .should you choose to buy DTM2015 (which won't be out for a while in any case). Netcode is widely reported as good but no one can compete with iRacing for pick-up racing. I would think you probably need to find a league.

Physics is generally described as more forgiving than iRacing - more like AC. FFB can be difficult to find the best setting but this isn't confined to R3E. Graphics are perhaps not cutting edge but a nice step up on the old gM2 titles and sound is generally considered to be the best of any racing sim.

Graphics are perhaps not cutting edge but a nice step up on the old gM2 titles
The only thing that does not have are light effects and reflections as PCARS or AC. But if you compare for example Bathurst, with PC version, in R3E it is much more detailed.

One thing few people know is that trees in R3E, move with the wind. No other sim has this feature.

R3E has come a long ways in past 6-12 months! I literally had no interest in it until the multiplayer came about and got some of the worst bugs shaken out. Then the content piqued my interest with the '92 DTM cars and the Easter Sale sealed the deal.

You can always try the paid-content cars for free on the Portimao circuit once you install the free game. Cheap way to see if it suits you.

For racing offline, R3E offers a better experience than AC or pCars. Online depends on whether you can find someone to race with in your preferred time. It's kind of dead out during the USA peak times, but the European peak times seem to have "enough" players.

If you want endurance races, this is not your sim.

Graphically R3E is very good in my opinion. I prefer it to AC - tracks are more detailed and natural-looking.

Any content you can pick up in a sale is worth it. R3E is a much underrated, very competent sim. It's come on so far in the last 18 months.

For a while now ive settled on some good ffb settings, never really have that problem. Here are my settings, I think they have given me good results speed wise and consistency...of course all preference to each our own. T300 Wheel
VvHnehM.jpg

NwomThV.jpg

IqzS40l.jpg

Y0NvdQd.jpg

Last edited:
It's not unplayably bad or anything - not even close - but there has always been this slight straight-line sway to the cars that I can't get rid of. It's worse with some cars over others.

You're spot on. I bought the ADAC 2014 pack (not DTM as I stated earlier, oops) and I've briefly tried it. The McLaren seems to be guilty of this, while the Z4 seems to fare slightly better.
It's not game breaking, but still.

If you play in Get Real-Mode that is often a Car-Setup-Related problem - and for sure your FFB-Settings. If your Damper/Spring-Setting is to soft or not in balance the cars became a tendency to sway. Together with strength FFB-Settings it is getting even worse to control...

If that's the case then the default setups for each car should be better balanced for those players who don't spend much time with/don't understand car setups. Otherwise such swaying can be passed off as poor physics/FFB.

For what it's worth I feel there are still issues with FFB, particularly how the steering rack setting has no affect at all.

Thats why I have steering rack at 0%. Part of the other issue is setup wise. For that I set the toe settings more positive, because toe is what stabilizes the car, so I use -6 for the front and +15 or +20 on the rear. They are listening, and have next goals for the ffb, minimal force steering being possibly one. I cant go into any details but they are making improvements in those areas, trying to please everyone piece by piece.

It's true. I've tried stiffening the springs and changing the toe, works a lot better. Or at least the ADAC 2014 Corvette is really stable.
Ive applied the toe changes to all the cars as a standard setup adjustment, some cars you can get away with less or default but quite a few ask for it. You feel exactly what I feel about the sway feeling in the Mclaren and also the Audi R8. I like to stiffen the front springs, stiff front arb, then the toe settings. When they updated the Ruf GTR2 car, with those adjustments, the car became very fun to drive. Im always searching for stability and speed with the cars, never stops.

Ive applied the toe changes to all the cars as a standard setup adjustment, some cars you can get away with less or default but quite a few ask for it. You feel exactly what I feel about the sway feeling in the Mclaren and also the Audi R8. I like to stiffen the front springs, stiff front arb, then the toe settings. When they updated the Ruf GTR2 car, with those adjustments, the car became very fun to drive. Im always searching for stability and speed with the cars, never stops.
Do you know if they plan to make these adjustments to the default setup of all cars? I think it would be the right thing to do so moaners like me have less to complain about!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 89 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 334 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 464 39.1%