On rails, brick AI...

Hey everyone...

Now that I've finally gotten my game working again... I've noticed something in the races I've been doing. People give this game very high praise for it's intelligent AI, however, all I've been noticing is that they are on rails, and total bricks. They will never get loose if you hit them, even if you hook their rear bumper, you just get teleported backwards and both of you continue on your way. However, the AI will ALWAYS come down on you in the middle of a turn, and come up into you at the exit. They are just so on rails, that they cannot handle being off the racing line, so they will just slam their way back into it. I have not been able to do more than 5 mins of racing without being rammed off the track in some turn, and then they will just continue on their way like nothing happened. For a game that has so much praise for its AI... there must be something on my end, because I've seen better AI in arcade games... :(

Please offer any tips you have. This is my first GSC, and I thought the AI were going to be tons better...

Settings:
AI Difficulty - 100%
Aggression - 30% and 50%, both yield the same results.

Please help! :(
~Slade

Please note - While this does sound like a rant, and it partially is, I am more so looking for guidance more than saying "This sucks, that sucks, I hate everything!"

Those types of posts solve nothing, and just make people angry. I just want to know how everyone who says the AI is great, is making that happen.

Maybe your expectations were too high? try turning the Ai up, maybe 105% see how that goes. No AI is perfect on any game as that's what it is. It's a computer at the end of the day and no amount of programming will make it perfect but compared to other games, it's good but not perfect :thumbsup:

"They will never get loose if you hit them, even if you hook their rear bumper"

Edit the vehicle chassis files - go and find the HDV file for the "on rails" car
Change this line
AITorqueStab=(1.0, 1.0, 1.0) // Torque adjustment to keep AI stable

Closer to 1 will remove the slot car rails. Change all three values.

----------------

EDIT: sorry - you can't the HDV files are hidden. However I personally haven't found the AI to be that glued to the road in GSC2013. It feels pretty spot on to me.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.7%
  • < 5 years