On line / Tc / abs

howdie,
I am racing online to check if i can come along, i dont race that much. But online racing is much nicer then off line. When i race (not orginized by race department) i am about 4 sec per lap slower (mugello- bmw gt2) My laptimes are consistent, but slow compared to other racers. I always put tracktion control and abs off. Do you know if online racers race with tc and abs switch on? Maybe thats those 4 sec which i am slower?

I also do not know how to tune my car (i have the setup guide from bram). I only play with tire pressure and aero. how much does a good setup bring you?

greetz
Tom

Hi Stan!

When i race (not orginized by race department) i am about 4 sec per lap slower (mugello- bmw gt2) My laptimes are consistent, but slow compared to other racers.
Unfortunately in Simracing there is really no magic bullet other than practice, practice and more practice. However learning the correct techniques will get you off to the best possible start :)
Check out our Premium Driver academy in the Premium members' paddock club forum. These sessions involve a small group heading out on track in a private room for some personal tutoring and driving analysis.

I always put tracktion control and abs off. Do you know if online racers race with tc and abs switch on? Maybe thats those 4 sec which i am slower?
Your time loss won't be due to that unless you're significantly spinning the rear wheels up on corner exits, and severely locking the fronts to the point that you don't even make the corner. In RaceDepartment club races, we run the cars at Factory settings. So if a car has ABS turned on by default in real life, then it will be on in the server, however you can still toggle your ABS and TC settings on the fly by using Ctrl+A and Ctrl+T.

It's also important to remember that you will occasionally come across incredibly quick drivers who's times you simply cannot match despite driving at your perceived limit. Some people are just naturally quicker. But with regular practice you can close the gap to them :)

I also do not know how to tune my car (i have the setup guide from bram). I only play with tire pressure and aero. how much does a good setup bring you?
The most important thing when starting out in simracing is maximizing the default setup, and going as quickly as you can with that, and then progressing with changes to the setup in order to get the car to behave exactly to your liking, or at least very close to it. Your own ability will account for 90% of your lap time. Setups only help when you're chasing those last few tenths of a second. Obviously it helps if the default setup is a good one, as some can be slightly off which can skew your performance by several seconds if the car is really not set up correctly.

I hope this helps you out mate :)

Regards,
Chris.

Chris, Anthemius,
Thank you for your replies and the tips! This clears a lot for me. I know what to do, just more racing & practice. I am going off line for a while a going to learn 2 or 3 circuits in one car and read more on this site.

greetz

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back