1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On-Line Racing - Keep Getting disconnected

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by daytona64, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Any help please?

I keep getting disconnected when I try to race on line.

I have never tried to race on line until today and I find myself in the lobby. and then...

Join a game.
    Track loads in
    I get through Track introduction movie

Some players lose the connection
    You can read it at session start:
    xxx lost connection
    yyy lost connection
    zzz lost connection
    and so on ...

Then it says I LOST CONNECTION

Kicks me out!!

Any ideas what is going on here.

This happened maybe 20 times on the bounce.

I have around 4mb broadband speed download and 1 mb upload (according to speed checker.

I am using Windows 7
    My machine is quite quick I average around 40 FPS.

2. well this won't help but the 2011 servers suck in comparison to 2010
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Indeed they do :(
  4. Has anyone else had these issues and been able to improve or rectify the issues?
  5. yep I have had them, not as bad as you seem to have them, but I think it really should be brought to codemasters attention if they are to do another F1 game to fix their servers
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I had exact same prob as you in F1 2010......but only after i installed some mods. Even reinstalling the game didnt solve it for me. So for 2011 i have not installed any mods and ive had no probs(apart from the savegame !!!!)
    Have you installed any mods in your game?? If so, that could be the problem. Im no expert, but that is what caused the prob for me .
  7. Gavin Hendley

Gavin Hendley

I find if you hard wire your computer with an ethernet cable this prevents loosing connection. This might not suit most people of course depending on where their computer and router is located. I bought a 20m cable and only connect it when going online to race in my championship and never had a disconnect since I started this.
  8. I play on a wireless connection - will try wired.