Welcome to the RaceDepartment Community. Use this thread to introduce yourself and receive a warm welcome in return :inlove:

Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I don't have permission to download mods from RaceDepartment?
A: Downloading mods on RD is free but requires an membership account. Have you registered an account and are you logged in?

Q: I still don't have permission to download mods from RaceDepartment?
A: Make sure after your register your account you confirm this account first via the email we send after you sign-up. Can't find this confirmation email? Check your spambox if needed as we always send an email. Double check if you have spelled your emailaddress correctly or search in your inbox for "info@racedepartment.com".

Q: How do I race with you guys on RaceDepartment.com?
A: We offer top quality online races for our premium members. You can upgrade your account here: https://www.racedepartment.com/account/upgrades

Follow RaceDepartment on Social Media
Thanks community for your continuous support, you're awesome

• cyrus7b

Name and other stuff

Hi Stig,
Thanks for the welcome. My name is "Cyrus7b" when I am online racing as well (But that is also stated in my app ;-P) and I am originally from Germany (Oberhausen - Ruhrgebiet), just a "few minutes" away from Venlo, which I visited quite often 15 years ago for some reason :-D. I live in CR only for the past 7 years and will leave again in about 6-9 months, will see if it's going to be Canada or Spain...haven't decided yet.

I hope I see you on the track soon.

Thx

Cyrus7b

Greetings

I'm a 42-year-old ZebRa, aka Hansi, from Sweden. I've become hooked on racing games and been trying quite a few over the years.

The worst thing going online to play is all those nutcrackers messing with everyone and everything..obviously in order to spoil the fun for others. Therefor I am constantly looking for teams/orginisations/communities which look to be able to provide some fun serious and fair racing out of reach for the thugs out there. I'm sure this is such a place!

Currently I am hot for WTCC RACE and have seen your servers online. This fact along with a friend tipping me off about you resulted in this registration/application to join you. If you ask me to rate myself I'd prolly say below average and climbing. I would add that I'm often playing the backmarker but on the other hand I'm at it very often and dare say my skills are on the increase!

If caught offline I'd likely be seen raising my teenager or watching football and also be hiding out for the vaccum cleaner. Proud owner of both a car(MB)and a motorbike(Yamaha).

Hi ZebRa,

First of all warm welcome to our small community here, hope you will enjoy your staying both on the forum and the races with members from here.

About your application to join us, there are 2 alternatives:
- join the Racing club: this you can do by placing an application in the following thread: http://www.rpmnet.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=118
This means if we accept your application there, you will get special forum access, and you will have permission to see the forum part, where we store the actual password for our servers in RACE, GTR 2 and rFactor. For this we would need some info about you from people from us, who knows you, or raced with you, since we are selecting our members in the passworded sessions carefully, to avoid those things happening, what you described about public servers. Firstly i would advice you to make your application for this.

- become an RPM member: this would mean, that you apply for full RPM membership, wishing to wear also the [RPM] tag behind your name. This you can do here: http://www.rpmnet.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=54
To have acceptance for it a voting opens for new applicants, where the 5 admins for this site (TheStig, Scyp, Woofer, Racemaus and myself) both has to vote with yes for it. At the moment i would not propose this for you, since full RPM membership can come usually only after a longer period of time, when we also really know the new applicant, and also he/she gets more knowledge about us. Membership here means much more, then having an RPM tag behind your name, i can proudly say, that we are not just hanging around together, but most of us became also friends over the time.

I hope i gave you enough info to make your choice, any question just place a post or pm. :)

Cheers: Neo

ZebRa said:
and also be hiding out for the vaccum cleaner
:) :) :) :) i like your sense of humour

Looking for racers from Australia, New Zealand, Asia

Are there any Aussie's, Kiwi"s, or people from Asian countries in a similar time zone, who want to participate in our friendly, fair and clean driving servers. If so, we now have our own forum section within the RPM Racing Club, where we can meet and arrange online racing to suit our unique timezone.
If you want to avoid the problems of the public servers, and are prepared to meet the expectations of the RPM group, please consider applying to join the RPM Racing Club, where you can gain access to our passworded servers, and the Asia & Australia section of this forum.
We'd love to meet you here and on the servers.

Warren

A great reply, Neo, Thanks a lot.
I much appreciate the clearifying of your policies and can only say I like when people think things over and you obviously did that regarding the procedure described above!
Hopefully it will not be of any disadvantage if I quote myself and use that as my application for the racing club.

• Lars Gerrit Korb

Lars Gerrit Korb, K04

Hi all.

Just wanted to introduce myself:

My name's Lars Korb, 35 years old and living near Hamburg, Germany.

I joined a couple of races on the RPM servers (which are running pretty good),
and figured these dudes to be a valid community to participate at.

I am working in the game's industry in gamedevelopment as creative director.
My current project is a tactical simulation of a state of emergency, called "K04 - Love Your Enemy"
(if you are interested in finding a job in the game's development, gimme a note)

I am racing for a couple of years now.
My favorites:
GTR2 (driving in a swedish league, raceonline.se)
Race, WTCC
NASCAR 2003
Test Drive Unlimited
Colin McRae 4 & 5
Cross Racing Championship
NASCAR Thunder
Xpand Rally
Richard Burns Rally

Is there a RACE-league or somethin goin on here (sry, so much to read as a newcomer).

Thanks for your interest, always keep it fair and see ya on the tracks :)

Lars Gerrit Korb

Hi Lars,

Thanks for your intoruduction, and welcome. Glad you liked our servers.

We are running at the moment 2 championships in Race, one for the WTCC cars, and one for the Mini-s, you can read more about them in the related topics, how you can register for them, etc.

Also we are running a Racing club, which means people who has access to our closed password protected servers, to enjoy the on-line racing fun without rammers, for that you can apply in the Racing Club Application topic.

Cheers, c u on the track: Neo

• Lars Gerrit Korb

Thank you for your welcome.

Where do I find the Racing-Club application?
I don't have access to the main sections :/
Or am I blind? ^^

Greets

Lars

• Lars Gerrit Korb

Thanx :)

But, wow ...that many application-forms...

Is there any special/specific I should register to first?
Some kind of general RPM-application?

Sry, I am used to some more overview due to a smaller community than yours ;)

Thanks for your help in advance.

Lars

• Lars Gerrit Korb

Nevermind - I just figured the section's meaning :)

Left my application ;)

Greetz

Lars

• Area31_Fokydoky

Fokydoky in da house

Hallo everyone, I am a co-founder of Area31. Ive been racing for maybe 10-15 years together with Area31_Tyro and Area31_Bertus and the other Area31 members. Right now I live in NYC fo another 4 months, after that I will be an active competitor....for some ;=). Anyway, very nice to meet you all and see you on the track sometime. btw, bf2142 is my thing if anyone feels like adding me as a buddie make sure you write soemthing regarding rpmnet so I know what the hell is going on!

Foky

Welcome m8 in our forum, i already spotted your name, was wondering who you are. :)

Again warm welcome, and enjoy your stay here in the forum and on the tracks.

As a member of Are31 team i added you to the Racing Club if you dont mind, so you have access to RPM servers password... :)

Cheers: Neo

Name and other stuff

cyrus7b said:
Hi Stig,
Thanks for the welcome. My name is "Cyrus7b" when I am online racing as well (But that is also stated in my app ;-P) and I am originally from Germany (Oberhausen - Ruhrgebiet), just a "few minutes" away from Venlo, which I visited quite often 15 years ago for some reason :-D. I live in CR only for the past 7 years and will leave again in about 6-9 months, will see if it's going to be Canada or Spain...haven't decided yet.

I hope I see you on the track soon.

Thx

Cyrus7b

Pick Canada its great :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back