Welcome to the RaceDepartment Community. Use this thread to introduce yourself and receive a warm welcome in return :inlove:

Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I don't have permission to download mods from RaceDepartment?
A: Downloading mods on RD is free but requires an membership account. Have you registered an account and are you logged in?

Q: I still don't have permission to download mods from RaceDepartment?
A: Make sure after your register your account you confirm this account first via the email we send after you sign-up. Can't find this confirmation email? Check your spambox if needed as we always send an email. Double check if you have spelled your emailaddress correctly or search in your inbox for "info@racedepartment.com".

Q: How do I race with you guys on RaceDepartment.com?
A: We offer top quality online races for our premium members. You can upgrade your account here: https://www.racedepartment.com/account/upgrades

Q: Can I access the open beta of Simracing.GP?
A: Yes, see here how to join: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rd-club-races-are-back.189354/

Follow RaceDepartment on Social Media
Thanks community for your continuous support, you're awesome

• Hackett

Thank you for the advice.
I really do not want to join the ranks of the "Leon Boys!" ( No offence intended to Leon drivers, Just so many folks driving them, they swamp every server.) Unless I am actually as useless as I feel at the moment.

I swapped out my Toledo (reluctantly!) and trying out the Alf, Honda and Chevy. Mostly offline because I have dropped in performance learning the new handling.
After reading folks opinions on this forum about the above cars, I found some surprising results.

I thought the Chevy would cause me problems, being a "Bus" or a "Taxi", and the Alfa, being of Italian pedigree, would handle tightly. But the opposite is true for my driving style. The Alfa wallows in even the shallowest of corners and feels really loose in tight turns.
The Chevy wallows in almost all corners, but I don't get the same feeling of looseness, and despite the wallowing I never feel out of control.

The Honda is a peculiar fish. It's like Toledo on steroids, but i can't get a good setup to stay with the leaders, or even the middle of the pack. but is definitely a good all-rounder.

The "Racing Club" I assume is similar to the public servers, RPM hosts, but without the all the plebs and pond scum humping every exhaust pipe they see.
I just don't feel competent enough to participate...Yet!!

Brad.

Yes Hackett, that was my experience as well about the cars, as you mentioned, i had RACE for 2 days or so when i had to make a decision with which car i will enter our WTCC Tournament, and i picked the Honda, because this felt the most stable for me from all.

Actually i am not doing too bad in that, couple of times i can be competitive with the Alfa-s, Seat-s and BMW-s, but as i got more time and experience in RACE i had to find out unfortunately, that Honda is far not the fastest, although it is stable, actually we also learned from the developers itself, that it was actually designed to be slower... The fastest of all is the Alfa undoubtably, but you need to setup it correctly to get a good handling to it.

ello there

hi guys

im rob. i work @ a outdoor go-kart circuit. enjoy playing online games such as RACE, eve online, battlefield2142 and 2. i love making new friends, and punting people off at turn 1!!!!!! (only joking peeps)

well thats a bref on me. hope to race u all soon in istanbul.

GL + HF

Robo-rob

• Hackett

5 posts a week!?
What is this! A pyramid scheme, or just a tacky backstreet used car lot!? (just kidding)

Nice to meet you too Woofer.

Brad.

Hey Cyrus,

i read your intro posts.. cool you join our little community even from Costa Rica!! <-----lucky you, while i am from holland (cold normally)

hope you have fun here! do you tell us your online race name in GTR2 so maybe one day we'll meet!

see you

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back