AC Old vs New @ Grobnik - Friday 3 April 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Do you find kerbs too rough, too high?
Some of them, yes, but that is fine with me. Kerbs, like in imola can be quite high. They are features of the track.

For me the main problem is that if you go wide on a turn exit (e.g., between the first 2 right handers), on top of loosing tons of time, you get the lap cut penalty. That should only apply to parts of the track where the driver might gain something by going out of track, and not on parts where going out is the result of a mistake.

Its not that simple as you might think. 1st of all, the importance that everything except tarmac between white lines IS the part where you are allowed to drive on, for creating useful AI. I can do what ever I would like to, but then it would be hard to define edges for the AI (and you would complain AI is driving on the grass).
This is the limitation of AC, and there is nothing I can do about it, sorry.
Kerbs are almost (there maybe are some exceptions) not part of the track, and all the rest that you can find on some circuit (many kinds of run-off areas). So this is how it will be.

And you have to be aware of, that this is old school track, kerbs are high and even more worn- out in reality then here in AC mod. So it`s not recommendable to drive on most of them (in reality).

Its not that simple as you might think. 1st of all, the importance that everything except tarmac between white lines IS the part where you are allowed to drive on, for creating useful AI. I can do what ever I would like to, but then it would be hard to define edges for the AI (and you would complain AI is driving on the grass).
This is the limitation of AC, and there is nothing I can do about it, sorry.
Kerbs are almost (there maybe are some exceptions) not part of the track, and all the rest that you can find on some circuit (many kinds of run-off areas). So this is how it will be.

And you have to be aware of, that this is old school track, kerbs are high and even more worn- out in reality then here in AC mod. So it`s not recommendable to drive on most of them (in reality).

I never said or thought it was simple. If it was simple I would have done myself tons of tracks by now ;)

And I never complained about the kerbs, AI, or that I should be allowed to put 4 wheels outside the white lines. The track is quite nice, and I like it, I just find it that sometimes I run wide (by mistake) on the exit of some turns (this track is all about corner exit) and I get a very punishing penalty due to how the penalties are handled in AC. The easiest option should be to turn off penalties and Akis kindly agreed. So I see no problem any more.

Only out of curiosity, in Spa if you get wide in T1 (as always happens in the first lap) you don't get any penalty, but if you cut in eau roughe you do. Is it not possible to do the same in all other modded tracks?

I agree to turn off the penalties.
Specially because here on this track its not possible to gain any time at all if going off the track on any possible location. Old School track - as said. Grass and traps all over the track outside of the tarmac.

Hi fellas,
Pretty to new to AC and looking for a Club / League to run with. so count me in.
Cheers
Welcome!
Don't forget to add your full name in the according box located in your profile page! It's a prerequisite for club and league racing. :)

Hi Geof, nice to see you here.
And what a shame our last race at Imola with dtm cars. My gearbox broke, completely forgot to lower the revs. It could be a great battle in last laps. Maybe here ;)

I added a mandatory pit stop to spice things up. Make sure you read the event notes carefully!

Booking: 18:00 GMT (60 minutes)
Practice: No
Qualifying: 19:00 GMT (25 minutes)
Race: 19:25 GMT (26 laps ~45 mins | Standing Start | Mandatory pit stop)
T/C, ABS: Factory

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back