• Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 133

• Deleted member 133

Downloads: A new file has been added by System:

PCC 2007 v1.0

The modification PCC 2007 simulates 4 seasons with the new 997 GT3 Cup Car. The Mod inlcudes the carrera Cup Seasons of Germany, Australia and the Asia Cup also the Porsche Mobil1 Supercup witch is a support series from the FIA Formula 1.

This mod includes a more detailed Porsche 911 GT3 Cup carshape which might be the best shape possible without CAD data. The car has high resolution textures as well and an even more real cockpit which makes driving as impressing and real as never seen before.

Physics have been developed in cooperation with the real PCC driver Ralph Kalaschek and his team MRS Racing. The car's behaviour on track feels closer to reality than in any other racing simulation out there.

And they have changed the UI also - I hate that, do they not realise this is what puts some people off rF?, people don't like constant change.

On my sound system at least I can't say I agree with you on the sounds Bram, if the 407 sounded like that in RACE I might drive it more :D. It is an excellent mod though. I may run an event with it.

• Maug

And why mod teams feel the need to include nigh on 100MB video files I have no idea. And exe's suck. This download is 180MB whereas if you rip the movie files out and 7zip it, it comes to 88MB.

Sorry for trying to bring you our best. We thought having a nice intro would please the players. Now i'll forward your remark to my fellow modding mates and advise them next time to do a low poly model, to include only one plain colored 8*8 skin and very low quality sounds and also to remove anything that isn't properly necessary to play. From my approximations it shouldn't weight more than 10Mb.

About the exe, it's pretty simple. Even my mum(who really sucks with computers) can target the main rfactor install folder and click the install button, i don't see the problem.

And they have changed the UI also - I hate that, do they not realise this is what puts some people off rF?, people don't like constant change.

I don't see the big deal with the UI. It's exactly the same UI as the original game but with more options and a color change. More options in the menus and more options in the settings in example.

I understand that movie files are there for presentation but at the same size as the mod, is it really needed? You've done an excellent job with the mod, as I posted above that you had.

There is no need to change the UI. Yes it's similar but it's that first impression 'woah it's changed something I've only just got comfortable with' that puts people off. I don't mind myself because I can see it's actually a better UI aside from the colour.

So before you jump on your high horse, read between the lines. You guys have done an excellent mod but it is not without it's faults. There's no point in being hyper-sensitive about it, criticism will always come.

• Maug

There's nothing like being over sensitive or jumping on any high horse. I was just trying to make you realise this isn't the end of the world. You seemed pretty angry for some little details.

Thanks you for the comments btw.

Downloads: A new file has been added by Ivo Simons:

FM Honda Civic Cup 1.0

Drop the GameData and rFm folders into your main (x:\rFactor) directory and allow any overwrite.

The FM Civic Cup is a semi-fictional spec racing cup based on the Honda Civic EG6. The car is powered by the B18c6 V-Tec mated to a factory spec sealed 5 speed transmission.

There's nothing like being over sensitive or jumping on any high horse. I was just trying to make you realise this isn't the end of the world. You seemed pretty angry for some little details.

Thanks you for the comments btw.

Guys there is no need to argue here:) Ryan made some valid points IMO, but I also see your side Maug. However, bandwidth is often an issue for hosting sites, so maybe having 2 versions of the mod (with and without the video) might not be a bad option.

I cant wait to drive those!!! :woot2:

Enjoyed a brief try of these,i keep getting these thoughts that im in the Megane mod sometimes(which is not a good thing),maybe i also need to try out some different FFB,i think i only tried RealFeel and it wasnt very good.
For me the Clios are still #1 for this kind of genre and they have a near perfect FFB with RealFeel :).

Downloads: A new file has been added by BigGalar:

HS Ring by Big Galar v1.01

HS Ring by Big Galar v1.01
*Now includes CAM file update

Track layout inspired by Gran Turismo. It is not intended to be a copy of the original version(s), simply my interpretation of a great track.

Started as a learning project ("How hard can it be...?"), my first track, scratch-built in 3dsMax. Hope you enjoy racing it as much as I did making.

Comments & criticisms welcome (don't be too harsh, it is my 1st track)

All artwork (except the ones I 'borrowed' from other ISI tracks) and all 3d work by the author, Big Galar (c) 2009

Downloads: A new file has been added by mianiak:

NikkoCircuit_V1.0.rar

Located in Tochigi-ken (ken = state), Nikko Circuit is a small local track used for all forms of motorsports. 1.035km / 643.12mi long.

Tochigi-ken is home to many Automobile makers and hosts a variety of testing tracks, Twin Ring, Motegi Circuit, Subaru test course, Bridgestone Kuroiso test course, Honda R&D centre, etc, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 330 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 228 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 167 7.8%