Old rFactor Articles (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
F1Season2flyerv640.jpg
Welcome to the new Formula Pro Championship at RaceDepartment.com.

After weeks of speculations, the news is finally out. RaceDepartment and PrestoGP partnered to create a new fantastic Formula One league for all its members. The newly created series will feature a World and an European Championships regulated respectively by Racedepartment and PrestoGP. Both leagues will follow the basic same structure. Most importantly all will race the Mak-Corp (MMG) F1 2007 cars for Simbin Race series (GTR-Evo).

[PRBREAK][/PRBREAK]
In addition, we are pleased to announce some fantastic prizes for the top 3 of the Pro World Series division as well a nifty cash prize for the winning team.

List of all prizes:
FPWS: Drivers' Championship
• 1st place driver: Logitech G27* racing wheel or an Intel i7 920 processor (winner's pick)
• 2nd place driver: Logitech G35* headset
• 3rd place driver: Logitech Gaming Headset G330*

FPWS: Teams' Championship
$100 (US dollars) cash prize to the winning team (paid to the team owner)

Join us for the fun!!

For all league details visit -> link

League forum -> link

• Jeff Simons

Captivating, very well done Ryan. I love the quote, " A quest for the perfect four stroke, V8, naturaly asperated, reciprocated engine".:biggrin:

ferrari.jpgJMR: Arno, what a week-end for you and White Racing! 1st and 2nd place, Pole for Ventis and best race lap for you, 47 points out of 47 possible... Considering the fierce competition that you were facing in the likes of Peter Duivelaar, David Guehennec and the venue of new racers from the Presto League, and without questioning your driving ability which everyone who has raced with you recognizes, did you expect such a stunning result?
[PRBREAK][/PRBREAK]
AH: Definitely not. Both Ventis and David seemed to be a bit quicker by looking at the time tables. In the warm-up I saw David's stint pace was not as impressive as his qualifying pace but with a race driver like Ventis you always know he's on top of his game. So to win this race was quite a nice surprise. In terms of the team performance... what can you wish more! In the end it's obviously all about the cash prize :tongue:

JMR: Race winners are not necessarily among the fastest in qualifications, especially when the race is long and intense like here in Interlagos where consistency is key. Here, with the exception of David who squeezed in between you and Ventis on the grid, you had both top pace in quali and race, and yet managed to be the most consistent guys as well. Does this ability to be consistently fast come from a long experience in sim racing or is it the way you prepare for each race that makes the difference?

AH: I picked up on simracing a little over a year ago now. Ventis has been around a bit longer I think. Anyway, I dont think simracing experience is the key. A good preparation on the other hand is. You don't need to spend hours and hours on the server -doesn't hurt though- but if you spend your testing time efficiently looking for a setup, and do a few long runs to test different tyre compounds you should know what to expect in the race.

JMR: Racers had a lot of time to prepare for Interlagos, and most already knew the track which gives even more credit to your performance. In Abu Dhabi, only 3 weeks from now, it will be a completely different story. Most of the field has never raced there and will discover the track for the first time. Will your preparation be any different for this new track than it is for the tracks you are already familiar with?

AH: As I just jumped of the Presto F3000 train I do actually carry a bit of Abu Dhabi experience with me in my suitcase. It helps... but the F1 cars are a completely different story. My preparation won't be any different. Just hit the servers, have a bit of fun with the guys while working on a setup and start doing some longer stints in the final days prior to the race.

JMR: You've already built up a gap with Burning Rubber Motorsport, your immediate followers in the team rankings, despite Duivelaar's and McIver's solid 4th and 5th place finish. In Abu Dhabi, will your main priority be to keep this lead, possibly increase it even further, or will you be more concerned with your individual battle on top of the driver rankings with your teammate Ventis Didrihson?

AH: The team c'ship is nice. It provides a nice opportunity to work together with a group of drivers to share setup tips, tyre info and have a laugh. But -as in real life Formula 1- obviously in the end you'll always look first at the driver standings and after that at the team standings. Of course going to Abu Dhabi I can only have one goal, and that is to win that race... But knowing Ventis a little bit... I'm afraid I just pushed a button I should not have pushed.

JMR: Thank you very much for your time and your most thoughtful answers, Arno! Best of luck for next race and the rest of the championship!

FormulaProWorldInterlagosflyer_small.jpg
RaceDepartment rings in the new year with the return of the F1's! With some new faces, as well as some recognized veterans, the battle of Interlagos and its grueling 71 lap race has claimed victims and rewarded those with consistency and a little bit of luck! Veterans will tell you that it's not the quickest laps that count, nor the lucky pole sitter. Winners in this league are usually rewarded with consistency and the least amount of mistakes. Last season's champions (Will Ventis Didrihson - Division 1, and Eric Kaczmarek Division 2) were sure to be at the top of the opener, but would they get their names as champions, or would they fall victims to the fierce competition? Without further adieu, the Formula Pro World Series season opener results at Interlagos follows:

FPWS Pro Division sees a new face on top of the podium. Standing tall and proud is Arno Hoog (Ferrari) who also claimed the fastest race lap. Arno had a total race time of 1hr25min5.355secs, finishing a commanding 17secs ahead of last year's champion Ventis Didrihsons Ferrari. Following less than two seconds behind of Ventis was David Guehennec to round out the Pro Division podium in the Toyota.

Driver Standings Season FPWS: S3

1. Arno Hoog 26pts
  2. Ventis Didrihsons 21pts
  3. David Guehennec 16pts
FPWS Semi-Pro Division sees a familiar McLaren to the top of the podium. Standing humbly atop a faster group of familiar faces, as well as some new is Mitchell Phillipi (McLaren). Mitchell had a total race time of 1hr27min34.569secs, finishing just barely ahead of Ivo Simons (BMW Sauber)who followed only 2 .2 seconds behind. Will Marquez (Red Bull) rounded out the podium with a solid performance and 1min04secs behind Ivo.

Driver Standings Season FPWS: S3

1. Mitchell Phillipi 25pts
  2. Ivo Simons 21pts
  3. Will Marquez 16pts

Attachments

• FormulaProWorldInterlagosflyer.jpg
    FormulaProWorldInterlagosflyer.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 232
rattle.jpg
Today, February 13th 2010, RaceDepartment will host it's 3rd round of the RD Le Mans Series.
36 teams will compete in a 4 class series for 6 hours at Canada's modern track: Rattlesnake Point.
TV broadcast begins around 16:00 GMT here at the website!

See you then![PRBREAK][/PRBREAK]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back