Old Racing Club Threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RDMX-5BrandsHatchFlyercopy.jpg

Servername: Racedepartment.com MX-5
Password: Same as RD Club Events
Track: Brands Hatch GP
Class: MX-5 Cup / Roadster

Official Practice: 30 minutes (21:00 GMT / 4pm EST / 1pm PST)
Qualification - Lone qualifier (2 hotlaps)
Race - 18 laps (Standing Start)
Entries - 36
Fast tows - 1

Notes: Must be a RD Licensed member
http://www.racedepartment.com/misc.php?do=form&fid=1/

Read the password and golden rules.
http://www.racedepartment.com/rules-passwords/

Thanks again for all that participated and supported the first RD iRacing Club Event!! Great to race with fellow RDers!

Immense battle between William, Dario and myself for darn near the whole race! Had a blast!

Any feedback and suggestions for this club event and the next one would be appreciated. :)

Ohh yes. This is great fun. I believe James was sandbagging until race time where he showed amazing pace. Once Kevin n James romped away I was left with 3rd to fight with the tyres and the green stuff.

Well done to Kevin for the win and James for 2nd. Thanks Will for your hardwork put into this. Thanks everyone for joining.

Mosport next?

Cheers RD

Great fun, I wasn't expecting to be anywhere near the pace but my race wasn't helped by my wheel deciding to move from its mount as the race was about to start. As I leant down to try and fix it back I hit the accelerator and jumped the start. Throughout the race it kept slipping out of place though it wasn't helped by my poor driving sawing away at the wheel. I did my best to stay out of the way of the real racers though :)

Could tell it was my first race with these ... had good fun in the few little battles I was in. Managed to dent the front against the armco a little early on, then blew the motor accidentally downshifting from 4th to 3rd (maybe even 2nd?) coming through Westfield. Excellent job to the crew for pulling off a 45 second engine change :) . Finished last car running, but overall on-track performance would have put me a little farther up if I could have kept the pistons where they belonged.

Don't have Mosport yet, so my preference would lean to VIR, Sebring, Mid-Ohio at the moment.

Great race today. I finally broke into the 45s one time in practice. Didn't qualify the best but slotted into 6th on the line. I got a great start and took Dario and Will off the line, and that set the tone for the next 10 laps. It became very clear where my weak sections were as the two behind had no problem eating up my gap, I had just enough speed off the corner to make it hard for them to get by. It all came down to who could go the longest with out a mistake. I was the second to fall, good fight nice job Will.

Mid Ohio sounds good to me.

Hopefully my connection is much better next time. :(
I was getting 10% lost packets when doing speedtest. ISP customer service tested and got same thing. Couldn't help me. He said to try again in 24 hrs, if it's still a problem then they'll get a tech out. Bummer, bummer.
Next track - any.

Had an amazing race with James at the front:) About 6,7 or 8 lead changes and a whole lot of amazingly hot manouvres.
Watched the whole replay after the race and doing that, I had almost as much fun as in the actual race:)
This calls out for more events like this :)

I also saved the race replay and watched the battle between William, Dario and myself. It was amazing to watch as for darn near the whole race we were trying to make moves on each other. Also watched the battle up front between Kevin and James, all I can say is wow! Close clean racing between those guys! :)

RDMX-5SummitPointRacewaycopy.jpg

Servername: Racedepartment.com MX-5
Password: Same as RD Club Events
Track: Summit Point Raceway (Raceway Config)
Class: MX-5 Cup / Roadster

Official Practice: 20 minutes (20:30 GMT / 3:30pm EST / 12:30pm PST)
Qualification - Lone qualifier (2 continuous hotlaps)
Race - 18 laps (Standing Start)
Entries - 28
Fast tows - 1
**Hosted Event Server will be up 1hr 30mins before event start.

Notes: Must be a RD Licensed member
http://www.racedepartment.com/misc.php?do=form&fid=1/

Read the password and golden rules.
http://www.racedepartment.com/rules-passwords/

Entry List
1. Will Marquez
2. Abdul Ahmed
3. William Nowell
4. Dario Jagar
5. Joe Hubbard
6. Eric Estes
7. Teo Bubicic